Location Location and Location

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Please can all posters put their geographical location rather than UK.

For them what want to help the location is very important as suggestions for Caithness are not going to reflect advice for Devon, and if you are not sure, there is a mere 600 miles of a difference in the Northing which I can assure you does make a considerable odds.

Admin can you please change the code so that UK is unavailable.

PH

I guess for those with hives all over the place - perhaps a National designation instead then?

Some people are quite reluctant to part with too much information on this fancy information super highway thingy, and who can blame them. However, narrowing the field to a region is all that is needed e.g the North West of even the soft southern, shandy drinking, warm weatherin suverners would be helpful.

Rosecottage?

Given that most have hives with in some (best guess here) 20 miles of home, then saying Xshire is enough.

KISS

PH

Hughsie?

I am on here to help. If people give a reasonable location it helps me and the others who are here to help to help.

If you are here to take cheap pot shots then fine but be warned mannie, I am prepared to return fire. Fair warning.

PH

I put in south lincs as just putting lincs in may confuse as lincs is a mighty big county and conditions up at grimsby may be different down here near the norfolk border.

Hughsie?

I am on here to help. If people give a reasonable location it helps me and the others who are here to help to help.

If you are here to take cheap pot shots then fine but be warned mannie, I am prepared to return fire. Fair warning.

PH

Didn't you find it funny :seeya:

Some people are quite reluctant to part with too much information on this fancy information super highway thingy, and who can blame them. However, narrowing the field to a region is all that is needed e.g the North West of even the soft southern, shandy drinking, warm weatherin suverners would be helpful.

A county location is better IMO, as I have never worked out what is meant by the North West.

If Northumberland/Durham is the North East, then Cumbria is the North West. However, many view the Manchester area as the North West! Hence, my confusion.

A county location is better IMO, as I have never worked out what is meant by the North West.

If Northumberland/Durham is the North East, then Cumbria is the North West. However, many view the Manchester area as the North West! Hence, my confusion.

I would not worry too much Starflex.... thats all "up north" anyhow

I did change things a few months back so new members HAVE to give a location,before this if the box was left blank then the default was "UK".

It looks like some new members are now putting "uk" or "England" "Scotland" ect in the box.

I could change things so a county has to be chosen,but then we are now getting loads of new members from other countries.

I could do counties or countries or both,this would take a bit of time to do,so I will let the thread run before going ahead only for an idea to pop up later.

could you not put post code, no post code gives the actual address, example hr6, part of Herefordshire, ld8, part of Powys, sw24, part of London

could you not put post code, no post code gives the actual address, example hr6, part of Herefordshire, ld8, part of Powys, sw24, part of London

Problem with that is that it wont be clear to others - only to those who have studied postcodes of the UK.

Personally think its OK as it is, prehaps with a warning when filling in the info that a lack of region will lead to a lack of help, or just banning the obvious ones ("UK", "uk", "england", "England" etc)

Latest posts

Back