LimeWatch UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woop woop! Bees have found the Hawthorn. On a brighter note Curly has had an avenue of Limes spring up near one of his apiaries.
What’s the joke Dani ? Ive moved bees to the suburbs of Hereford.
If you know Hereford at all it’s near the bishops meadows.

No joke. Pleased for you. Envious even.
Ok no worries the flow here is good @mbc queens ( cardigan bay honey bees)are enjoying the town life and they are so damn hard working even in the wind and rain.
The dandelions here are on there second flowering already compared to the apiarys out in the sticks which are two weeks behind.

What’s the joke Dani ? Ive moved bees to the suburbs of Hereford.
If you know Hereford at all it’s near the bishops meadows.
Bit early if you are after the limes ? (If it happens this year - there's never any guarantee with Lime). They are usually in full blossom at Hampton Court during the RHS Flower show - that's normally the first week in July. We sit under them eating our lunch and in a good year listen to the hum of the bees working them ... some years - nowt !

Ok no worries the flow here is good @mbc queens ( cardigan bay honey bees)are enjoying the town life and they are so damn hard working even in the wind and rain.
The dandelions here are on there second flowering already compared to the apiarys out in the sticks which are two weeks behind.
Reminds me, I mean to buy some queens from Stuart this year!

Ah. McKenzie

We had a very good afternoon on Saturday with Stuart, sat in a cafe overlooking the harbour at Beaumaris watching the world go by sampling the food & beverage on offer.
This time of year its good to steal an away day, it won't happen after the end of this month.

Plenty of elder coming into flower here- I'll be making cordial next week.

As I've said in other posts, we're on quite an exposed site here and things are often late, even compared with @enrico who isn't really that far away at all.

It used to be that the elder started flowering towards the end of the school Summer term, so tail end of June-ish. To see it flowering here now is just crazy.

James

Back