Lidls electric nailer in store

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

protheroe

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
a few
Someone was asking about these the other day.had mine a few years now and put a couple of thousand frames together with it.well worth buying

Does it take gimp pins? Or do you have buy separate nails and if so, which size are using?
I'm thoroughly fed up with making frames and anything to speed the process up is worth a punt.

When I used the term "gimp pins" I was royally hauled over the coals by the
PCP (politically correct police) for being somehow disrespectful and not PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use tackwise nails,come in all different lengths.20mm suits me for frames.they are strips of nails especially made for electric nailer.you slide a strip into the nailer and can fire lots before having to reload.

Last edited:
When I used the term "gimp pins" I was royally hauled over the coals by the
PCP (politically correct police) for being somehow disrespectful and not PC.
Not sure why, as that is what they are called by Wynnejones, Thornes etc.

I use tackwise nails,come in all different lengths.20mm suits me for frames.they are strips of nails especially made for electric nailer.you slide a strip into the nailer and can fire lots before having to reload.
Thanks, for some reason I thought you could just load the nails.....

I don't know why either, always known them as gimp pins.

But you know we have the PCP here, they like to have a dig when there is a chance.

I don't know why either, always known them as gimp pins.

But you know we have the PCP here, they like to have a dig when there is a chance.

Gimp pins are used for attaching gimp to furniture in the upholstery trade. Gimp is a sort of twisted silk, worsted, or cotton with cord or wire running through it, used chiefly as upholstery trimming.

Not a lot of people know that.

CVB

And I always thought it was a bloke with a dicky leg !

These take the 15mm nails from screwfix £5 for 5000 .

Does it take gimp pins? Or do you have buy separate nails and if so, which size are using?
I'm thoroughly fed up with making frames and anything to speed the process up is worth a punt.

Try plastic frames - -they open like a book and you slide the foundation in. Ideal for me because I store all my kit at the apiary so no need for a work bench.
PS please ignore first image - from a virtual teaching kit.

Attachments

• DSCN1740 plastic frame 4.jpg
    DSCN1740 plastic frame 4.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN1739 plastic frame 3.jpg
    DSCN1739 plastic frame 3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 46
Try plastic frames - -they open like a book and you slide the foundation in. Ideal for me because I store all my kit at the apiary so no need for a work bench.
PS please ignore first image - from a virtual teaching kit.

not many supplying these - where did you get them from? I was interested when told by a mate they were £1 each but the few places they are available they cost £2 each plus delivery.

I have bought 2 electrict nailer from Lidl and boath went broken. Third similar price apparatus too. Cheap things does not work

When I bought Rapid 606, no problems has appeared. It was quite expensive. £ 250.
You can brake 10 Lidl nailers with that price.

Other nailers jammed quite often. Food oil on trail helped a lot.

Last edited:
I have bought 2 electrict nailer from Lidl and boath went broken. Third similar price apparatus too. Cheap things does not work

When I bought Rapid 606, no problems has appeared. It was quite expensive. £ 250.
You can brake 10 Lidl nailers with that price.

Other nailers jammed quite often. Food oil on trail helped a lot.

I bought a second hand Rapesco nailer at an auction a couple of years ago for ten pounds with 3 boxes of nail strips. Still going strong and saved a massive amount of time and bruised fingers :)

I bought a second hand Rapesco nailer at an auction a couple of years ago for ten pounds with 3 boxes of nail strips. Still going strong and saved a massive amount of time and bruised fingers :)

Now that's a Bargain .. Price of 2 cups of coffee and a scone ! :D

Gonna get me one of these guys

What spec should it be, basically just a nail gun , Electric ? Gas operated ?

To take small pin nails ?

On the face of it they seem a great idea, ta.
Whats the re-using like with them?

Just separate the two leaves and remove the old comb. I use a wire brush to remove any wax moth larvae from brood comb, then put the frames in my heated tea urn with washing soda. I now avoid boiling because about one in ten frames may buckle slightly. I am in my c. 8th year with these frames and have discarded hardly any.

not many supplying these - where did you get them from? I was interested when told by a mate they were £1 each but the few places they are available they cost £2 each plus delivery.

Ouch, you're right! I see they are £1.90 at the only suppliers I know of www.beehivebits.co.uk .I bought my last lot about a year ago and am sure they were only just over £1 each.

Ouch, you're right! I see they are £1.90 at the only suppliers I know of www.beehivebits.co.uk .I bought my last lot about a year ago and am sure they were only just over £1 each.

Not from this company ... the ones I tried about 10 years ago all fell apart in second season, cleaned in hot washing soda and soaked in bleach ( 0.5% Cl--)

Plastic disintegrated.
May try them again if plastic has improved?

Still pricey.. is there a discount for 1000s ?

Yeghes da

Back