lavender lip balm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkermel

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just made my first lip balm with wax from my girls, really chuffed, Guess what everyone will be getting for their christmas pressies this year!!

its so simple its crazy. I have also now discovered that those disgusting plastic egg boxes that are horrible and have no real use are ideal for measuring out wax into, the cups are just a shade over a table spoon of wax which is what most of my recipies are measured in. so melted enough wax down to make some extra tablespoons ready for the next batch of stuff.

Thinking of doing hand cream as well

30ml/2tbsp coconut or olive oil (i did 50/50)
15ml/1tbsp of bees wax
4drops lavender, lemon or pepermint essential oil
vitamin e capsule (or equivalent in vit e oil)

everything into bain marie EXCEPT VIT E OIL (or pyrex boil sitting in saucepan of water) heat and stir until melted

Add vitamin e oil then pour into jars to cool.

This recipe makes 1 pot of lip balm 15ml size

This is where i got my jars from http://www.soapbasics.com/contents/en-uk/d57.html quick delivery as well and very well packaged.

incidentally I had a load of the disgusting plastic egg boxes given to me, hate throwing things out and had a brain wave about how to store my wax that i want to use to make creams etc. as most of them seem to measure in tbsps i checked to see how much the egg cups of these plastic trays held and low and behold it was just about a tbsp so melted a bit more wax than needed and poured it into these for quick measuring next time one thing i will say though it do this on a tray as i had some with holes in unknown to me!!

just found this one, think i will have to try it as well, they have put some honey in with this which i was wondering if i could do.
Luscious Lavender Lip Balm Recipe
•4 Tbsp jojoba, almond, or olive oil
•1 Tbsp grated beeswax or beeswax pearls
•1 tsp honey
•1/4 tsp vitamin E oil (or 3 punctured, squeezed out liquid vitamin E capsules)
•7 drops lavender essential oil (or other essential oil)
•1 tsp cocoa powder (optional)
•1 tsp colored, natural lipstick (optional, if you want it to have a hint of color)

Warm the oils, beeswax and honey in a small, stainless steel pot or bowl. Be sure to warm it on VERY low heat. (You can use a double boiler, if you’d like.) Stir until the beeswax is completely melted. Remove from heat and quickly whisk in the essential oil, vitamin E, cocoa powder, and colored lipstick. Place the bottom of the bowl into a shallow pan of ice water and continue whisking quickly as you add the honey. Once the honey is incorporated, quickly transfer the balm into your lip balm container (tube or tin) and allow to set for 3 hours

Thanks for the recipe, i've been meaning to do a balm for a while

Latest posts

Back