Jar Tamper Evident Labels

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy-glide

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Would like to print my own tamper labels using an inkjet printer for next years crop. Can any one recommend a source of A4 self adhesive tamper labels

Avery, Folex, 3M, etc etc. Loads of labels on the net. Cut strips yourself? Now if you want fancy ones, not just functional, that is a different matter.

Maybe use a round sticker on the lid?

Was thinking of something like that sold at T###s but good idea using a stip and a circle. Could print my graphic on the circle with a BBD on the stip.

I use round labels because i bought some fancy jars with a round flat patch on the front, coincidentally the labels fit the lid too, my only criticism is even using the avery printing layout page it is difficult to get the labels perfectly centred. Look good when you get it right though, easy to cut a strip to go under the lid label and onto the jar but the bit that goes on the jar can be peeled off and re stuck so sort of defies the object of being tamper proof!
Happy Xmas e

I was thinking of this too. As far as I can make out you would need some bespoke software/sticker/printer to do these type of label but will be interested to see if anybody has cracked this one.

Enrico,

I put the tamper evident strip under the main jar label, so not easily removed. There are different types of adhesive ; some will peel easily and some are pretty well permanent.

Avery do a free label programme called DesignPro Ver 5. However found Power Point worked best, so simply pasted the graphics into the label programme then selected the correct print set up for the label type.

Avery do a free label programme called DesignPro Ver 5. However found Power Point worked best, so simply pasted the graphics into the label programme then selected the correct print set up for the label type.

They do Mac & Win version, I used both and find the Mac easier for jar labels etc but for ID's have to use the PC, no Mac drivers for the dye sub printer.
Once printer/label set - set up easy peasy

Maybe just me, but is it worth the bother as proprietary TL's are reasonably cheap compared to the time & effort of doing your own?

Russ

Was thinking of something like that sold at T###s but good idea using a stip and a circle. Could print my graphic on the circle with a BBD on the stip.
If it's a 'special' for a few jars you could try carefully fixing commercially produced labels from a roll on an A4 sheet of card and overprinting. Might need a straight paper feed path that not all printers can do and it's obviously time consuming but it would be a one off result.

But you would then need to cut them out which would be a pain, (or have I not understood correctly?)

A good glue for sticking ordinary paper to glass/metal is Uhu.

Label/strip doesnt even really have anything on it, apart from telling the customer what fantastic honey they have just bought.

Sticky labels can be removed. Thats why the post office lose a lot of money.
A paper one glued on would tear if tampered with.

Last edited:
These might increase sales.

Or get you arrested,

Image48.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back