Custom Jar Labels

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluebell1985

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I'm looking to design and print my own honey jar labels but not sure what websites/suppliers are reputable.

I've got a design already for a logo but will need to customise a bit with information etc.

Anyone use any sites or know where I may design and order such labels?

Many thanks.

I used Canva - pay the tenner for a month's premium membership, design your labels (try not to go completely insane choosing between fonts, like I did) then export your labels to .png format with transparent background, cancel membership. You've then got a file you can use for label printing...

I used Canva - pay the tenner for a month's premium membership, design your labels (try not to go completely insane choosing between fonts, like I did) then export your labels to .png format with transparent background, cancel membership. You've then got a file you can use for label printing...

I initially designed my logo on Canva which I love (and was free). I did experiment with making a label but couldn't be sure on sizes of front and how it would translate to a printer label. May have another go.

Design my graphic in Paint/PowerPoint, used GIMP to convert logo to transparent .png

I have my label sheet in Word and print to transparent adhesive sheets with an inkjet printer. Then spray lacquer on to make them waterproof.

I use Microsoft publisher to design my labels. I get the print info from the label suppliers (Flexilabels now but previously Planet Label who couldn't do my label size in polyester) then print out the labels in batches with all the varying info on the one label.
Printing like this allows me to change BB date and lot numbers easily.Hogs Hill scan.jpg

I used Avery's website to design our labels which is free of charge and you can also get them to print them for you too if you don't have the right printer. We use clear labels which look lovely on honey jars :)

Attachments

• IMG_20211023_083446_789.jpg
    IMG_20211023_083446_789.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
I used Avery's website to design our labels which is free of charge and you can also get them to print them for you too if you don't have the right printer. We use clear labels which look lovely on honey jars :)
They do look nice...

I used labelwell.co.uk and been very pleased with the result. They were helpful in adjusting my artwork for a different jar

I got my labels printed via VistaPrint, really simple process and delivered to me within a few days. I juts designed the label, saved it as a jpeg and uploaded it to the template on their website

In the US, there are many print options on Amazon, very reasonably priced. I chose one, placed a small order and was happy enough to continue ordering. The vinyl labels hold up thru a heavy duty cycle on the dishwasher, for people who return jars to us. $$$-Less than half of Avery or Vistaprint.

Publisher and a laser printer is what I use.

Publisher and a laser printer is what I use.
Same here Nige but my present label supplier has changed the spec of their polyester labels which causes them to peel off.
I use Flexilabels at present but have used Label Planet in the past who were good but don't do my size of polyester label.
Anyone have a decent supplier of polyester labels on A4 sheets at a reasonable price?

Same here Nige but my present label supplier has changed the spec of their polyester labels which causes them to peel off.
I use Flexilabels at present but have used Label Planet in the past who were good but don't do my size of polyester label.
Anyone have a decent supplier of polyester labels on A4 sheets at a reasonable price?
I've not had that problem with the clear polyester labels from flexilabels or their paper ones.
when did they change the spec?

I've not had that problem with the clear polyester labels from flexilabels or their paper ones.
when did they change the spec?
My last order which was about in November. The polyester thickness is thinner and seems much more flexible. Also the glue seems to be less effective.

Latest posts

Back