Is this label legal?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Just seen this in the coop – it has an image of cut comb on the jar but it's not cut comb honey.

Why?
I think people can see whats in the jar, or whats not in there..

your picture can be of anything - an effing great nuclear sub if you wish - it's the wording that matters.

Not quiet!
Misleading pictures are equally contra the honey labelling regs!
VM

Not quiet!
Misleading pictures are equally contra the honey labelling regs!
VM

only if supporting an equally misleading text AFAIK.

at the end of the day natural honey comes from comb NOT a tank on a chinese industrial estate.

i'd be more concerned if they pictured a bumble bee!!!!

Just checked the 2005 amendments! It would seem that the pictorial element has been removed?
Vm

Not sure - someone locally had a picture label with some plant or another on it, and the local Council office said that unless he could prove that his bees foraged on said plant to a certain percentage he had to change it. I really hope they have removed the clause - although a market for some schiezters...Heather Honey anyone?? Not in words but a picture of a heather moor...

Dependent on who was licking it off might float my boat..... :sifone:

The beef mince I bought has a picture of an Aberdeen Angus on the label. I shall take it back if I can't reconstruct an entire living beast from the contents.

Latest posts

Back