Is this label legal and the price!!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also print my own so can alter any dates and text. I doubt they can do anything about it as it doesnt go off.

Might print in future, we have colour laser.

Last edited:
Dont loose any sleep over it as there is nowt they will do about it as long as the label is legal they can change whatever they like.

xerox phaser 6010 Full set of compat toner £40

laser printer, inkjet tends to run/smudge if they get damp. I found my jars get condensation on them when i take them out of the house and put them into the car to do a market. With the laser printer its not a problem.

Firm hold hairspray - lacquer- should "fix" the inkjet labels but laser is best for home produced labels.
Try Avery Design Pro (free) and 70 x 52 mm L7666 floppy disk face labels.

You can, for course, use the ever popular Crete label technique! :laughing-smiley-014

From BBKA honey regs

For direct sales like farmers markets or sales at the door lot numbers and ‘Best before’ dates are not needed.

PS
what do you folks think about something like this for a bog standard info label?
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-QL-570-printer-thermal/dp/B001HZSH8O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386442702&sr=8-1&keywords=QL570ZU1+Brother+QL-570+Quick+Labeller+-+Direct+Thermal+Label+Printer"]Brother QL 570 - Label printer - B/W - direct thermal - Roll (6.2 cm) - 300 dpi x 600 dpi - up to 68 labels/min - USB: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

Last edited:
From BBKA honey regs

For direct sales like farmers markets or sales at the door lot numbers and ‘Best before’ dates are not needed.

PS
what do you folks think about something like this for a bog standard info label?
Brother QL 570 - Label printer - B/W - direct thermal - Roll (6.2 cm) - 300 dpi x 600 dpi - up to 68 labels/min - USB: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Not sure what it performs like but 700 currently have £30 cashback from Brother so could be sub £20 if you find the right price merchant?
Brother promotions

Last edited:
i have the 700 ,i used it for easy business card stick on's .im not that good with thing's to tec..one thing , make sure you get invoice and sale's reciept..details of who ever you buy from ,as you need those for your cash back......

A "direct thermal" printer makes a black dot by heating the special 'thermal' label material.

You might remember that this technology was commonly used on fax machines, and the attendant problems of fading with daylight and darkening on inadvertent heating.
I wouldn't be sure of the label staying clearly legible until the 'best before' date.
The Regs say the label must be 'permanent' - I don't know what that really means (nothing lasts forever), but at the very least 'as long as the goods described' would seem a reasonable interpretation.

Latest posts

Back