Is this honey ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheeky xxxxxx my web master is greek and and lives in athens and also what the hell has it to do with you ?.

I think a web page and an advertisment at that, should be able to stand scrutiny and criticism especially if it is warranted. The spelling, grammer and punctuation on your site is pretty awful, you may think it's okay. But do you not have any consideration for your readers and potential customers. It has everything to do with anyone who reads it. It's in the public domain.

If you can't be bothered to use a spell checker and get the grammer correct on what is your window to the public, what else can't you be bothered to do?

Frisbee

I don't think his message was totally uncomprehensable, I think i got the "GEEST" of what he was saying.

we can all live without a spell checker.

i hope

i do believe in free speech, but i'm not a dictator so i don't believe in telling anyone what to do .

As its YOUR business mrbees then yes, you damn well are a dictator. If your webmaster is not doing his job and representing your business correctly then get yourself another one. Plenty of the buggers around.

Oh, and I wish you every success with your business.:cheers2:

Getting back to the meat of the matter... it's not good if you canna do basic maths.

If you really do not understand the problem then please PM me, and if you have an inkling then umm no please do not.

PH

I don't think his message was totally uncomprehensable, I think i got the "GEEST" of what he was saying.

we can all live without a spell checker.

i hope

I didn't say it was incomprehensible. I got the gist of what he was saying and yes I see you can and do live without a spell checker, personally I can too, but there again I can spell :hat:

Frisbee

Nr Bee,

What are honey patties? How do you make them? And where do you get the honey to make them?

Mike

"mrbees" is patently more than a little economical with with the truth.

He purports to be a non-trading entity with a limited company - good move for establishing the credentials of honesty and openness.

That you claim to filter your honey five times is a fact. Telling us that it is not so merely highlights the fact that a lie has been told, here or there, take your pick.

To pass the buck for spelling errors etc onto your webmaster who is in Athens (yes, note that place names are capitalised in the English language) is a bit pointless. it indicates that you don't have sufficient control over your business interface with your consuming public.

I don't know who did the proof reading of the website pages, but the lack of capitalisation for names etc. is deplorable and does you few favours in the eyes of others. You will have gathered that already I don't doubt.

You really need to work on sorting out your website, your domain registration and if necessary whoever put the content into the public eye in the state that it is in.

I'm sure that your customer base is impressed and amused by the lack of command of your native tongue that you display.

One presumes that they either can't read the price for a half pound jar as well or haven't found out where to buy honey yet.

I did a Google on Brian's name and it is quite facinating what you can found out about a person from the various things they have done on the web - such as posting on ******* and so forth.

Makes me a bit concerned about what others can find out about me - not that I have anything to hide, or if I have I hope it is well hidden!

Worrying. (what is on the web, not our Manchester friend.)

PS. The **** above appeared automatically, apparently a banned site - Big Brother is alive and well!

This is why you need to be careful choosing your forum name.
Thankfully if you google PeterS lots of peters come up.

Mind you, when I googe my full name nothing comes up!

This is why you need to be careful choosing your forum name.
Thankfully if you google PeterS lots of peters come up.

Mind you, when I googe my full name nothing comes up!

lol, not sure what is worse, nothing coming up or the works :hat:

on january 18th it was minus 18 on our farm so we checked our hives and to our horror they were all empty of food. we lost three hives due to starvation unforseen weather so we mixed 2lb honey to 2.2lbs of icing sugar that fed 40 hives and checked again few days later they were doing fantastic. They feed better with honey and icing sugar rather than just icing sugar just in case any one wants to try it because the bees can smell the honey not icing sugar just thought it may be useful .

sheeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz I hold my breath

Jackanory Jackanory - pants on fire

Hey, don't hold your breath BroAndy, the story has to be a FABRICATION. How do I know this, well check out Manchester Airport Weather for the date in question - he was very specific about the date after all - All time record low temperature for January 18 was minus 4 degrees Celcius in 2007. The minimum temperature on 18 January 2010 at Manchester Airport was +2 degrees Celcius. Airports are by definition fairly exposed places, so I would expect that within twenty miles the temperature differential would be much more than about 5 degrees or so at most.

Of course 18 January and 18 degrees C suggests a lack of imagination and will doubtless be claimed to be a typo - either the temperature or the date will change with a new version of the story.

Even better though is loaves-and-fishes concept of bringing back 40 hives from the brink of starvation with 4.2lbs of honey/icingsugar mix. I'm not sure how many Opal Fruits (Starbursts) you would get for the 1/40 portion of the mix that equates to 1.68oz, but can you imagine a colony of bees sharing the equivalent of perhaps 3 Opal Fruits to get them out of trouble. Such generosity and concern.

I wonder what mrbee will want to be when he grows up? I don't suppose that MrsBee is too chuffed with the recent attempted public relations coo either.

No that's not a coup as expected, but a real coo; one that goes moo, eats grass and produces the female version of BS.

And they tell us that the art of story telling is dead . . . :)

Big breath BroAndy, mrbee will be around with a tea spoon of oxygen for you shortly. You might prefer it was a breath of fresh air of course. :grouphug:

MrBees has sent me an email saying that he no longer wishes to be a member of the forum.and has now joined another forum were they are most welcoming to him.
He goes on to tell me that the reason he pm'd members offering them Nucs within 24 hours of joining the forum was because he was just trying to run his business.

He also informed me that the beekeeping forum has a very bad name due to a few idiots and I should nip it in the bud.

I also have a long list of names of members he has sent me who I shall be adding to the forum little blackbook.

You naughty boys and girls!! ;)

LOL

I wonder who is silly enough to welcome a Troll....

PH

now joined another forum were they are most welcoming to him.

Thankfully I (think) kept away from that thread!

From what I have seen he is likely going over to the 'pork(y) pies' forum? Care to enlighten us which one it is, just in case he changes his handle?

One less now, to nip in the bud!

As for that 'Hombre' fellow comparing what has been written elsewhere - that is really under-handed coming up with the truth, or rather the mis-truths! I have not yet bothered to check out his grammar, but it looks like it might be a 'larf'.

Regards, RAB

Thankfully I (think) kept away from that thread!
I did wonder where you were, it's not like you to miss out on a jolly like that :hat:

As for that 'Hombre' fellow comparing what has been written elsewhere - that is really under-handed coming up with the truth, or rather the mis-truths!

Yeah......good ole Hombre, he's a bu**er for wheedling out the truth from a situation surrounded by lies and damned lies.

I have not yet bothered to check out his grammar, but it looks like it might be a 'larf'.

You should.....grammar, spellings, punctuation....bit of a gem really. You need to sharpen up your mortar board and polish your elbow patches and dive in. We could have a bit of a quiz, y'know, how many missing capitals/full stops? etc. You could be the adjudicator..........
advocate-082.gif

Ohhh I just felt my name being written again in the little black book...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(sorry Admin)
others-086.gif

Frisbee

Grammar, spellings, punctuation ?

Thats me out then.. :gnorsi:

Latest posts

Back