Is this fondant feed in honey?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Beesy

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Friend of friend sent this photo asking what's wrong with her honey - I assume its fondant in honey but never seen it before so don't know for sure. Anyone confirm/deny? Thanks for help

View attachment 8553

I hope it is cos it looks foul. What does it taste like?

Ugh. I'm certainly not going to try it. They can keep it.

Semi digested Saturday night Korma?
Vm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

looks like something ben and jerry makes lol

More info required but it almost looks like un-filtered warmed up soft set honey.

Has she got a photo of what the frame looked like before?

Only info I have is the photo, I'm afraid. Thanks for suggestions.

Last year a number of beekeepers in France if my memory serves me right extracted green honey and the source was traced to a local sweet factory or similar dumping very attractive sweet green sugary substance.

Last year a number of beekeepers in France if my memory serves me right extracted green honey and the source was traced to a local sweet factory or similar dumping very attractive sweet green sugary substance.
Smarties were the confection the bees were feeding on !
VM

Looks like OSR honey mixed with some other honey that has prevented it going totally solid. Pollen check might sort it out.

your profile says the north. Are you near York?

the colour of it looks just like the colour of the fondant in after eights. It is possible that they have disposed of a batch and your bees have found it.

You could confirm it by seeing if it smells or tastes of mint.

It would be a brave person who tasted that.
--------------------------------------------
Show judges are obliged to taste all sorts of unpleasant things presented at honey shows.

Latest posts

Back