Instant vap, used for first time

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use landing boards to prevent bees falling into the grass on foraging return so for vaping oxalic I have a hole drilled into the back of the floor which takes the copper pipe and the pop a dowel in the hole when finished. No eke - they are for later when the fondant goes on. I have this horrible feeling that I may be producing really healthy bees to feed the hornets when they arrive!!

I use homemade underfloor entranced from this forum, drilled a whole in the back and vape through that, nothing fancy but does the job.
Might just vape through the OMF itself in future...

done it like that for years and it's worked a treat, just use about 2.3-2.5 g of OA, steel plate istead of an ispection tray, piece of foam stuffed in the back, entrance left open
So, Emyr - do you use your Instantvap on OMF nucs or only on hives where you can insert the foam or dropings board? Cheers

Still haven't had the guts to buy a battery and try out my varrox! I think I need to check out some videos on utube and source a battery (thinking one of those car jump start type things rather than an actual car battery due to weight).

Still haven't had the guts to buy a battery and try out my varrox! I think I need to check out some videos on utube and source a battery (thinking one of those car jump start type things rather than an actual car battery due to weight).
My jump start type battery was hopeless. It timed out at 1min 45 and had to be reset before continuing. I now use a mobility scooter battery. Much lighter, can be carried in a shopping bag and does all 8 hives in one go.

Latest posts

Back