Identification please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up until the end (just short of his 91st) my grandfather always insisted on a bath every Friday night - whether he needed one or not

Same as SWMBO as a child in Pontllanfraith. The tin bath would be put in front of the range every Friday night and filled from the Ascot. No bathroom or inside toilet.

Same as SWMBO as a child in Pontllanfraith. The tin bath would be put in front of the range every Friday night and filled from the Ascot. No bathroom or inside toilet.
There were still a few households in our area with no inside plumbing up until the 1990's
My grandmothers aunts died in 1979 - outside toilet, water tap by the back door and I remember having a bath in a tin tub in front of the kitchen fire, filled from the water tank next to the fire, I remember my grandmother's siter's place and the excitment when my father's friends pitched in to give them a flushing toilet at the top of the garden, and a cold water tap and electric 'geyser' in the scullery, they used to come down to our house every week for a proper bath night. I helped them move to their council house in about 1989 and they finally had a bathroom and inside toilet. their nephew Danny the lampman, who lived next door to them stayed in his house until his death in 2001 and he, until the end had no running water in the house and got his hot water from the 'geyser' in the fireplace.

I think this is a male Andrena photographed today at country park near Rotherham Anyone here who can tell me which particular species it is as there are so many of this genus.Andrena male.JPG

Also photographed another Andrena species entering its burrow. Is it Andrena bicolor?

Attachments

• Andrena entering burrow 2.jpg
    Andrena entering burrow 2.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Andrena entering burrow.jpg
    Andrena entering burrow.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back