Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Amari 

Drone Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Up until the end (just short of his 91st) my grandfather always insisted on a bath every Friday night - whether he needed one or not
Same as SWMBO as a child in Pontllanfraith. The tin bath would be put in front of the range every Friday night and filled from the Ascot. No bathroom or inside toilet.

jenkinsbrynmair 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Same as SWMBO as a child in Pontllanfraith. The tin bath would be put in front of the range every Friday night and filled from the Ascot. No bathroom or inside toilet.
There were still a few households in our area with no inside plumbing up until the 1990's
My grandmothers aunts died in 1979 - outside toilet, water tap by the back door and I remember having a bath in a tin tub in front of the kitchen fire, filled from the water tank next to the fire, I remember my grandmother's siter's place and the excitment when my father's friends pitched in to give them a flushing toilet at the top of the garden, and a cold water tap and electric 'geyser' in the scullery, they used to come down to our house every week for a proper bath night. I helped them move to their council house in about 1989 and they finally had a bathroom and inside toilet. their nephew Danny the lampman, who lived next door to them stayed in his house until his death in 2001 and he, until the end had no running water in the house and got his hot water from the 'geyser' in the fireplace.

Monbees 

House Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
If you carefully peel off the bark on twigs, grey willow has longitudinal ridges in the surface of the wood, goat willow is smooth.
Thank you Bontbee, that confirms it - definitely Goat Willow.

masterBK 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I think this is a male Andrena photographed today at country park near Rotherham Anyone here who can tell me which particular species it is as there are so many of this genus.Andrena male.JPG