I made an app to help you determine when best to inspect your hives, InspectNext

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't go throwing a way a perfectly good telephone! There's probably years of use left in that yet. I don't know... Modern consumerist society... <shakes head & wanders off mumbling to himself>

James
I couldn't agree more. It would be a terrible waste.

I couldn't agree more. It would be a terrible waste.

You should remember recycle yourself.
My son was once selling his childrens' toys on flea market. He got 4 € in a whole day.
He decided, that medical doctor must have better to do in this world than stand selling toys on the flea mafket.... such wasting..

I am the creator of InspectNext, a free beekeeping app to help you find the best time to inspect your hives. I would really love to get your feedback!

IOS: ‎InspectNext
Android: InspectNext - Apps on Google Play

Easily view the Optimal, Viable and Inadvisable inspection times, as well as easy to customize. You are able to specify which exact conditions work for you, then the app will tell you what times are Optimal, Viable or Inadvisable based on your own settings.

This app is free and I pay for all of the hosting and services myself, I am just trying to make an app that will be helpful for the community. So if you run into any troubles, or have any feature suggestions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Good morning,
I’m a newbie at the me of my first year. The sun is up in Banwell (near Cheddar Gorge) and temps rising to a balmy 9deg by lunchtime. I was planning on taking a quick peek before heading off later.
Using your App (which seems great for newbies) I’m being advised not to open today. Yet in Bristol 20minutes away with similar temps, I’m good to go.
As a regular visitor to weather apps for my bees, fly fishing and business. I often find differences of opinions between several weather apps.
I favour the Met Office app(used by the coast guard). May I suggest you inform users which Weather app you use going forward.
But, in my limited experience, I look outside, feel the temp and decide.
I will use the app for the coming season though, great idea.

Good morning,
I’m a newbie at the me of my first year. The sun is up in Banwell (near Cheddar Gorge) and temps rising to a balmy 9deg by lunchtime. I was planning on taking a quick peek before heading off later.

Why?

BBC

It is February. There is no reason to take a Quick beek. Let the bees stay in peace the winter rest.

To weigh food situation by hand makes some sense.

I’m a newbie at the me of my first year. The sun is up in Banwell (near Cheddar Gorge) and temps rising to a balmy 9deg by lunchtime. I was planning on taking a quick peek before heading off later
don't - way too early to be fiddling around inside hives

Really it's all about microclimates here in the UK. I've seen (as many others will have too) bees flying and 50 yds away nothing.

I am yet to see tech being useful in beekeeping. Thankfully it's still about experience.

PH

I find that when the Met Office predicts miserable weather it's often correct, but when it predicts good weather it's often wrong :D

James

Latest posts

Back