I made an app to help you determine when best to inspect your hives, InspectNext

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be useful for new bee keepers
I'll re-phrase that: it could be useful for people who are unfamilar with assessing weather.

Years ago, I looked at the horizon and said to the adult with me: uh-oh, heavy rain in half an hour, or somesuch. She looked at me astonished, as if I was an ultra-wizard from a parallel universe, but the reality was that she'd clearly never been outdoors long enough to learn to read natural events.

If you don't put in the effort to feel and interpret the weather you'll be soaked or burned pretty rapidly. Same with beekeeping: enjoy the dirt on your hands and learn to read the colony the awkward way; apps and mentors seem attractive but they'll hinder your learning.

I'll re-phrase that: it could be useful for people who are unfamilar with assessing weather.

Years ago, I looked at the horizon and said to the adult with me: uh-oh, heavy rain in half an hour, or somesuch. She looked at me astonished, as if I was an ultra-wizard from a parallel universe, but the reality was that she'd clearly never been outdoors long enough to learn to read natural events.

If you don't put in the effort to feel and interpret the weather you'll be soaked or burned pretty rapidly. Same with beekeeping: enjoy the dirt on your hands and learn to read the colony the awkward way; apps and mentors seem attractive but they'll hinder your learning.

If you do not understand weather information, it may be, that you do not understand bees.

Even animals and flowers understand weather.

Last edited:

Sort of like the brain turning to mush when you use a sat-nav...

You are not only one , but it does not disturb other people who like to use smartphones.
Fobia of phones? Never heard about such. Do you get nibles?

Nibles? or d'you mean nibbles, ripples, tipples, wibbles or nipples?

The only app a beekeeper needs is a weather forecasting one.

Can you recommend an accurate weather site? I use the Met Office and find it poor frankly

I don't know...

James

That sounds good.

I bought a book named "when memory fails".

The professor wrote that there 2 kind of memory losses, dementia and stress.
It is rare that under 75 y has dementia.

If you ask something from a stressed person, common answer is " I don't know". A dementic person does not answer that way, he knows always.

Latest posts

Back