I know its to early but.....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grub

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
3 14x12
Hi all

I have had the super on all winter, so whens the best time to sort out with QE and moving the queen into the brood chamber what if they have taken over the super with eggs and larvea , what if you cant find the queenbee-smillie
I know none of this will happen until April ??:banghead:

Grub

Relax.

The probability is yes the queen is busy upstairs laying away in the super.

You take off the super, remove the brood box, give the floor a quick spring clean making sure HM is not there of course, put the super on the floor, put the brood box on top and wait a week or so.

When you look again she should be up in the brood box and at that point pop in the excluder and in another fortnight the brood will have hatched out and your super will be empty of brood.

PH

Thanks for this "simples"

up to now they have made it glad I have a poly & a Poly to advise me
I will have a beer and relax

Grub

Another way. If in the garden you could put in the Q/E and check after a couple or three days. Eggs will tell you if she is in the super or brood. Easier to find if she is upstairs. depends what is in the super in the way of stores, of course. May need sorting (as per PH) anyway.

RAB

Great idea.
I am now officially addicted to this site. It even answers questions I didn't know i wanted to ask.

:seeya:

Latest posts

Back