How Much is Your Honey?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Storm™;190666 said:
No. You deliberately misquoted them to suit your own argument. The ACTUAL quote is fine. In your efforts to be correct (pfffffff) you have misinformed someone about matters medical and misquoted a source. Thats my only concern. And a duel allergy would not be expressed as such.... you know it .... as does everyone else.

Oh what a silly boy you look now..here's the quote from their website that I copied and pasted (bottom of first paragraph).

http://www.allergymatters.com/acatalog/HayFever_Pollen.html

Perhaps you'd like to apologise now for your slanderous remarks?

If you dropped your vindictive campaign against me you wouldn't keep making yourself look like such a moronTM and keep ruining everybody's threads.

Last edited:
Ill ignore most of that. The quote I took was from their website. If (and thats a big ask) your's is also taken from their website then it only shows the unreliable nature of that site - you're source I see .... perhaps wikipedia lacked a link ....

As for a vindictive campaign against you I find that a little laughable considering your comments from a previous thread:

Sorry, I can't even be bothered to read all that. Doubtlessly it will be a rehash of what you've already said a few times.
Go and read Mill and come back when you can speak from a position of relative knowledge. Infact, 5 mins on wikipedia might help.

The measure of whether you have sabotaged your own thread should be the fact that it only really you and I still taking part and, to be honest, I'm only doing so because I find it titilating.
I do wonder if you realise how aggressive and intolerant you come across to others. Maybe that's why you find yourself alone in these threads ranting to yourself. I'm sure it's all meant as a good old larf though eh?
:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Now, where's the off switch?

Yeah ..... I see your reference point for vindictive behaviour ..... good call.

Not a shred of scientific evidence that honey prevents hay fever...

...however it is possible, but so is the placebo effect or perhaps a change of antiperspirant, the only way to prove this is with a proper double blind control study.

There is a Bee keeper not a million kilometres from me selling at €3 a kilo, that's not far from bulk price.

Chris

The hilarious thing is that the NHS website you linked says exactly the same thing...

"•grass: 90% of people in Britain with hay fever are allergic to grass pollen,
•trees: about 25% of people in Britain with hay fever are allergic to pollen from trees, including birch, oak, ash and cedar, or
•weeds: such as mugwort and ragweed".

I think you need to :chillpill:

As far as vindictive behaviour goes, anyone with half a brain will have noticed that every time I contribute to a thread you jump on it and try to dispute what I'm saying. And when you are faced with the evidence that you are wrong you don't back down but try to twist the argument to make it appear that I have some hidden agenda.
That's vindictive.
Now if you'd like apologise for suggesting that I deliberately misquoted then maybe I'll withdraw my comment that you are a moron.

Last edited:
As far as vindictive behaviour goes, anyone with half a brain will have noticed that every time I contribute to a thread you jump on it and try to dispute what I'm saying. And when you are faced with the evidence that you are wrong you don't back down but try to twist the argument to make it appear that I have some hidden agenda.
That's vindictive.
Now if you'd like apologise for suggesting that I deliberately misquoted then maybe I'll withdraw my comment that you are a moron.

Hmmm yes i'll await those links for proof shall I .... As for my slanderous comments about you which I must apologise for...

If I had said that you were a goat rodgering toothless halfwit with more sweeping statements to hand than a toilet cleaner at Victoria train station, I may have been guilty. So I would not say that. If I say that let me know though and in the absence of any proof of that claim I will take it back. Anyhow I think you have had your outing for today. Off back to the home with you and allow these people some peace eh. :rolleyes:

Hmmm yes i'll await those links for proof shall I .... As for my slanderous comments about you which I must apologise for...

Wake up. I've already posted the link - shows how much attention you pay before you lay into someone. Here it is again - end of first paragraph as I said before. And, of course, it's confirmed in the NHS link you provided, as I said before.

http://www.allergymatters.com/acatalog/HayFever_Pollen.html

So, basically, what I said about most hayfever sufferers being allergic to grass pollen was 100% correct, no misquotes, no hidden agenda, just plain old facts supported by your own chosen source.
Now about that apology?

er herm .... you need to re read my entire reply .... attention ..... pay ..... etc

I'll take it that you don't intend to apologise for your baseless accusation that I misquoted allergymatters?
Last chance.

Go, on - tell us how much you get for your honey.

I cant apologise. You didnt quote allergy matters. you quoted Taj Panesar apprently. I actually did read your link. Ill tell you how much I get for my honey when I sell some honey, honey ;). And erm when I posted on another thread that you were growing on me, I meant it sincerely. Then you posted your spiteful best. Soooo clearly this is a one way love affair. Its cool, i'm too young for ya. I can respect that though I cant pretend it doesn't hurt.

...however it is possible, but so is the placebo effect or perhaps a change of antiperspirant, the only way to prove this is with a proper double blind control study.

Chris

Chris, you are repeating yourself.

Is there any "scientific" evidence it does not REDUCE the effects of hayfever, which is all anyone has ever claimed for local honey?

In the absence of both then on this occasion I am happy to marry logic, immunotherapy theories, anecdotal evidence and PERSONAL EXPERIENCE to maintain my assertion that local honey does help with hayfever.

I also dont think that looking both ways before crossing a road has been scientifically proven to reduce crossing accidents..

And whilst I am at it - what scientific studies with regards to local honey and hayfever have there been?

I cant apologise. You didnt quote allergy matters. you quoted Taj Panesar apprently.

The quote was from the Allergymatters website, makes no difference who the author is.
Who was the author of the NHS article you linked? Why didn't you mention their name? Did you actually read it? Did you notice it said exactly the same as the link I provided? If so, why did you bother posting it? Hidden agenda perhaps?

I can understand why you don't like me. I was unnecessarily pedantic and aggressive with you in that thread about rioting or whatever it was. I was out of order, (but you gave much worse than you got). However, I do believe I apologised for that and suggested that we had both misunderstood each other and should let it lie. But since then you have continued to repeatedly launch these tirades from out of nowhere. Normally it has just been insults and insinuations but today you crossed the line into slander. There was no misquote, let alone a deliberate misquote. You need to be careful what you say about people unless you can back it up.

Chris

Well, now Chris, there is an interesting chap called Taj Panesar who has written an article on herbal remedies to hay fever http://www.steam-cleaners-hygiene.co.uk/acatalog/HayFever_herbal_remedies_plant_extracts.html

but he does not mention honey. Though I have heard of this before.

from the telegraph

If you want to see whether it works for you, start now; don't wait till you start sneezing. And if it doesn't work, honey can do little harm – except, perhaps, to your waistline.
• For details on raw honey and its anti-allergenic properties, contact the British Beekeepers Association (02476 696679, www.british***.org.uk) or Bee Farmers' Association (www.beefarm***.co.uk)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/5135837/Honey-the-sweetest-cure-for-hayfever.html

Last edited:
Anyway, back to the original question.
Mrs J is doing an exeptional job of marketing 'Brynmair award winning honey' and I'm sold out with enquiries still coming in at £10.00 a pound!! :eek:
A lot of the enquiries are from hay fever sufferers and I've never mentioned its efficacy in combating allergies, but if they beleve it ........... :hurray:

It's traditional to give a few jars as apiary rent. I wouldn't feel bad about them wanting it cheap as an alternative.

It wasn't as an alternative - it was as well as...Since, they have asked whether they could have the entire 2012 production the bees make from all my hives...at said price...or cheaper if they provided the jars...I politely declined

Hi, seen a couple of signs out selling local honey for £3.50 for a 1lb jar, that sounds pretty cheap to me. What is the going rate?

I sell mine for £4 a jar (llb) directly to friends and acquaintances.

It wasn't as an alternative - it was as well as...Since, they have asked whether they could have the entire 2012 production the bees make from all my hives...at said price...or cheaper if they provided the jars...I politely declined

How much honey did they produce out of interest?

MandF Hardly any this year - 2.5 frames, they were really not happy and were Q- most of the season...Next season, hopefully, they will all have 1st year overwintered Queens and production will be higher...Ever optomistic!!

Latest posts

Back