How Much is Your Honey?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raceyboy

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hi, seen a couple of signs out selling local honey for £3.50 for a 1lb jar, that sounds pretty cheap to me. What is the going rate?

It all depends on the area where you're selling and your target market.
I can sell at £6 a jar in the right setting.

£5 a lb no prob's here either even though there's another BK within 2mls that sells for £2.50 on the gate.

As ive said before it is around here its only £3-50 to £3-75 and thats in the shops.. Theres at least 6 people in a ten mile radius selling between £ 3-00 and £3-75 for a pound jar.. How many do you want to buy at $4-00 you can sell them at £6-00 and make £2-00

I'm selling my 'local honey' in S London at £5 / 1lb jar.

Pointless cutting the price as I've only got a limited amount

Maybe think of selling in smaller jars. I find a high price on a pound jar can put folks off. Its often a novelty purchase so a smaller jar sells well and often at a better price pro rata.

£5 a lb no prob's here either even though there's another BK within 2mls that sells for £2.50 on the gate.

£2.50 for a 1 lb jar??? Might as well give it away, I thought there was a shortage?

Last year I was selling 1ib jars for £4.50 I sold the same jars to OAPs for £4 because I am a nice chap.

I have now moved over to 12oz fancy hexagonal jars, which I will be selling for £4 or £4.50

£2.50 for a 1 lb jar??? Might as well give it away, I thought there was a shortage?

There's a guy around the corner from me that buys of him and at his gate price if I was only in it for the money I could............... make 2.50.

I've not sampled it but have been told mine is lush.

I think £3.50 for a 12oz jar is a reasonable price .............. I know its our hobby but we still need to try and cover our costs etc

Took a small surplus in April. Gave a jar to a fellow allotmenteer/ returning beekeeper. Within days was besieged by other allotment holders wanting to buy honey. I tell them it's £4.00 a pound and get the reply ' is that enough '? One Polish guy took three days to pay me and asked for another jar as it had all been eaten. Honey is a premium product and should not be undervalued.

after posting a thread earlier on about what people were charging for their honey I have decided mine is going to sell for £4.95 not quite a fiver but darned good value for all the bees work me thinks...

Took a small surplus in April. Gave a jar to a fellow allotmenteer/ returning beekeeper. Within days was besieged by other allotment holders wanting to buy honey. I tell them it's £4.00 a pound and get the reply ' is that enough '? One Polish guy took three days to pay me and asked for another jar as it had all been eaten. Honey is a premium product and should not be undervalued.

:iagree:

£5 to £6 per lb

and i can not produce enough

local North London bka sell AT £7 BUT I market mine further north as my hives are in outer london

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back