How many buckets...?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bontbee

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
more than before
Hi,

how many 30lb buckets, full of runny honey, can/do you stack?

I'm wondering if placing a square of 6mm ply - or similar - on top of each bucket would do anything to spread the load and enable me to stack in piles of more than one! Or would it just mean too much pressure on the rim of the bucket and crush the lid? I really don't want a bucket failure, but would still like to be able get in to the room it's stored in!

thanks

Three high unless honey is completely set (as in OSR 'concrete'). Depends on the quality of your buckets, of course.

RAB

Have not go a clue but.......... fill one with water, put your board on top and see if it will withstand your weight should give you some indication

The company around the corner from me stacks three high on pallets, that's 420 kilos per pallet, but all depends on quality of buckets should be safe two high mine have been fine at that

why not use concrete blocks and planks, concrete block two buckets concrete blocks two more buckets finally concrete blocks , and repeat above but make sure planks are higher than buckets
ps the company stacks bucket on bucket

ha ha don't do like me and stack 6 high went in my shed today and stack gone over.. lucky only 1 bucket open.. what a mess so now stacked 3 high.. lesson learned

We stack them five high for storage, and three or four high shrink wrapped on pallets for delivery.

Thanks very much all. Looks like somewhere between 2 and 5!

I did try your suggestion a while ago, Redwood, and although the bucket did take my weight, it was only for a minute or two: I had a few other things to do, like get my matchsticks ready! :blush5:

Latest posts

Back