how long dose it take too draw a frame out

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coventry bee boy

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Beehaus
Number of Hives
how long dose it take too draw a frame out - got an empty frame in how long will it take too draw please?

how can we grow or encourage our bee' number to grow?

please

Not very long if the right conditions exist and if the wrong conditions your frame can sit there ignored by the bees.

There are a number of things that help the bees expand and the best and simplest advice I can give is keep them warm and then just let them expand in their own time.

how long dose it take too draw a frame out - got an empty frame in how long will it take too draw please?

please

How long is a piece of string? My bees drew out a. Full super of foundation and filled it with stores in 10 days when the lime was in full flow last year. Depends on warmth, number of bees, if they need the room etc etc etc. the bee numbers will grow according to local conditions too. There are no hard and fast rules, sorry!
E

your colony might be a little slower to build up because they have been stressed .they had trouble keeping warm just a couple of weeks ago .

if you do an inspection in the next couple of weeks have a look at the chalkbrood situation you had and see if being warmer has reduced it.

21 days for worker bees so hopefully they will increase noticeably in the next few weeks.
it's a nuc colony and 4 days of decent weather isn't going to make them explode if the weather continues then in 21 more days they might :)

when i came over you had quite a few dead bees outside the hive . has that stopped now ?

don't know if you have this info on bee egg development
http://media.wiley.com/Lux/57/248657.image4.jpg

How long is a piece of string? My bees drew out a. Full super of foundation and filled it with stores in 10 days when the lime was in full flow last year. Depends on warmth, number of bees, if they need the room etc etc etc. the bee numbers will grow according to local conditions too. There are no hard and fast rules, sorry!
E

Enrico: sorry to drift, but it's a yes/no answer. Is there always a lime flow like last year, or something close, or is it an exceptional event?

we think the chalk is being dropped out as there is always some on bottom board

they will remove the chalkbrood and throw them out.
just keep an eye out for it when you inspect them.
i'm hoping it was caused by them getting cold.
be patient mate it will hopefully work out well in the end .

please

a few years ago I found on one inspection that my colonies were really struggling for space, I had one empty super and a 14x12 broodbox with foundation with me. I was really struggling for time as I worked away from home and didn;t have time to go home to fetch another super to put on the strongest colony so they got the 14x12.

a week later I inspected and found the 14x12 had not only been drawn out but was full of uncapped nectar/honey, I could barely lift the bloomin box. the clover in the field next door was in a strong flow, that was a good year for me :D

Back