How do you stop inbreeding?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not see the rest of the test either in that particular article,they want you to pay to see the rest.i opted out.Finman. do you think that bad nutrition in summer could also cause this drone infertility,in long periods of bad weather,like last couple of years.

Last edited:
do you think that bad nutrition in summer could also cause this drone infertility,in long periods of bad weather,like last couple of years.

I have not heard anybody to tell that we have drone infertility. And how do you even know that? I suppose that no one have examined it.

When it is rainy summer, many have sayed that bees are eager to renew their just mated queens.

As far I understand in UK folks are eager to find very delicated reasons to poor mating like drone culling, mites, drugs and what ever, and most of discussors does not even know what they are talking.

2 years ago I ordered 3 queens but I got them one month later. The reason was that the breeder got a none mated queen before 25.6. The reason is simple: cold and rain.

Going to check it this summer,instead of keep seing it on internet.let you know later. mite infertility is also affected,thats funny.

Hello,
If it is the cold and rain as you say - how come we get some problems with some batches of queens when we have perfect weather for mating and peak drone populations?
As I have already said - we dissected some problematic queens and they had an ample amount of stored semen. This can be seen without a microscope! The problem is with semen QUALITY. There are many substances that could be causing this - haven't you ever heard of gender bending chemicals - they are everywhere in everyday use.
Best regards
Norton

- haven't you ever heard of gender bending chemicals - they are everywhere in everyday use.

Jee, once I found that my girl friend has disapeared finally when there were no chemicals in bathroom any more.

Perhaps no semen. Only hot air.

Certainly some of our rivers are so full of estrogen from human contraceptives (I think it?s estrogen?) that the sex of some fish is being so affected fish populations are crashing; so where are your bees getting their water from?

ha, ha, ha. Great news. I hope you are turning into a woman Finman. Women are more intelligent, less aggressive and usually more fragrant.

Latest posts

Back