honey money

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our honey's wearing a posh frock and hat and will be priced at 5.50 a pound.
All the best,
Sam

at a beekeepers meeting last week and a women was selling a section of cut comb honey for £9.
Darren.

Was she selling it or offering it at and how well was it going.

Just enquiring.

yes - most seems to be disappearing into a greedy sib - good stuff the OSR from the OTM triangle, as you know Rab!!!!

however having missed the acacia with a slow original colony build up it does look like i have at least some frames of chestnut in progress - again for personal consumption.

£3.50 / 454g - sold from door

Yes, it's low
Yes, I have good reason to sell at this price,
Yes, it works for me
Yes, some of you have a different 'business model'!

We have had this theme on multiple previous threads this season, which should give the current charge rates. The 'search' option is always a good starting point to research questions before starting a thread

£5 for a 12oz jar and the 16lb I took off the hive at the beginning of May sold out with in the month.

Yesterday I sold fifty 454g jars to a guy who lives just down the road at £5 a jar

I sold all my May honey for £3.50 a lb to a make up company. Nice and easy no jars or labels. They also wants more, but I'm going to jar some and charge £5 lb. I sold out last yr at this price.

OTM triangle

Obth...e, Thu...y and Man...e, I presume? Even more the other side of the main road - the flatter bit. I am guessing you are on sw...w h..l?

Perhaps PMs rather than on the forum, but I can't always receive or send them!

OTM triangle

Obth...e, Thu...y and Man...e, I presume? Even more the other side of the main road - the flatter bit. I am guessing you are on sw...w h..l?

Perhaps PMs rather than on the forum, but I can't always receive or send them!

Is this the forum's answer to Norman Collier :D ?

Dont know how you get those prices its all between £3-00 and £3-50 for a pound jar around here. I can think of 8 people selling at those prices me included

Tesco....

LittleOver apiary honey: £3.99 for 12oz; £5.32 per lb.

Finest English set honey: £4.49 for 12oz; £5.98 per lb...

£3.50 / 454g - sold from door

Yes, it's low
Yes, I have good reason to sell at this price,
Yes, it works for me
Yes, some of you have a different 'business model'!

We have had this theme on multiple previous threads this season, which should give the current charge rates. The 'search' option is always a good starting point to research questions before starting a thread

I for one am very interested in how much folks are selling there honey for Today not last month or last year.

And I guess most topics have been covered here in the past are we just to search and not as questions?? be a bit dull

And your price yes it probably is too low why sell a premium product that is in great demand cheap??

I sell mine also at £4.50 / 454g
Far too cheap as I know a chap down the road sells his for £7.50 / 454g

Price wise I was told that anything less then £5 a lb was an insult to the work the bees do.

Down here I have heard of lots of people who have sold out at that price strange thing is a couple that insist on doing it for less dont shift it?

What I am interested in though is all of you who have honey to sell from May harvest are you having to feed your bees now?? only asking as Ihad a full super on two of my hives but didnt touch it as weather has been bit grim to say the least. Nearly all of that osr honey has been used, new is starting to come in, but If I had taken those stores then they would have needed feeding i think.

Latest posts

Back