Honey jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjb1972

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 at the mo
Hi everyone fingers cross for some honey this year were is the best place to buy jars from and how many would you say I'd need I have 2 nationals started from nucs this year Tia Paul

Good thing about jars is they don't have a BB date :) I have been v happy with the quality, price & service from C Wynne Jones. Hope this helps.

I'll second CWJ
They have different coloured lids too so you can colour coordinate with your labels :)

I get my 1 lb honey jars from Spinks-Compak.

Empty jars from different suppliers and from the same supplier can weigh differently. Worth checking.

Hi everyone fingers cross for some honey this year were is the best place to buy jars from and how many would you say I'd need I have 2 nationals started from nucs this year Tia Paul

My association buy in bulk and sell to members at £19 per box of 72 x 1lb jars with lids. Why don't more associations do the same?

That's a good idea gilberdyke John I'll have a nose online thanks all ����

My association buy in bulk and sell to members at £19 per box of 72 x 1lb jars with lids. Why don't more associations do the same?

Because its to much hassle to. Organised it, lost money, wont do it again.

Our Association Bulk buys from CWJ .. 2 pallets worth last year .. waiting to see what this years order is going to be.

Because its to much hassle to. Organised it, lost money, wont do it again.

:iagree:

It happened with our association, not having a secure store at the apiary suitable for keeping jars - it went to the secretary's house then people wouldn't pick up orders as arranged, some would say 'oh, I only wanted a dozen jars' the boxes cluttered up his garage for ages, monies were outstanding and so on and so on.
It's the same story with fondant and syrup - you go out of your way to order the stuff and take delivery, slave away putting everything away - specify a pick up date and time then hang around while only a few saunter up. You then get bombarded with phonecalls expecting you to do the thirty odd mile round trip on a day not convenient to you for them to pick up a single slab of fondant or jerrycan of syrup.

Yep exactly that JBM.

or ask for discount for quick collection.

Ours does every year. I am collecting mine Saturday

Excuses for not picking up

I
  • didnt get the email
  • i thought it was next week
  • Aren't the jars delivered, to my door
  • i only ordered two boxes not three(email said three)
  • could you bring them over tonight as i have cold (10 boxes!!!)
  • My dog is ill
  • I have lost my cheque book
  • I will pay you next week if thats all right
  • Can you hold on to them and i will pick them up on saturday week
  • i ordered 8oz not 1lb ( we only do 12oz and 1lb)
  • I thought they came with white lids
  • I thought you knew, i decided to give up beekeeping last month
  • i only need half a box now as my bees swarmed

Got them from cwj super fast delivery thanks everyone

Latest posts

Back