honey creamer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hedgerow Honey

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
173 national & 100 commercial
Does anyone have any experience of the swienty or abelo creaming machines good or bad reviews welcome as this is going to be my next investment.

I have 100 litre Lyson creamer. Great bit of kit but I have nothing to compare it to. All my rape honey goes through this for a super smooth creamer honey.

Does what it's supposed to with no fuss at the right price.

Tell Damien Paul from happy valley honey said it was good.

Thread bump

Any update on views of small (<100litre/kg) Lyson/Carl Fritz/others honey creamers?

Thanks

A friend has the heated Abelo Creamer, its a wonderful piece of kit, I have used it twice, it mixes for 15mins every hour for 4 days. Makes a really good job of creaming honey, expensive mind.

Abelo creamer works fine for me, good consistency of end product. Did have a few operator errors to start but nothing wrong with the equipment. Some older? models you weren’t able to remove the drive from the top of the unit meaning nigh on impossible to clean. Worth checking with Damien:

I have the 100ltr heated Abelo creamer and I would say definitely go for a heated option.

The creaming mechanism is solid and distributes the seed very effectively.

I often use the heated creamer for warming up stubborn crystalised honey to jar up as runny honey. What can take a few days in the warming cabinet, takes 12 hours in the heated creamer with the paddle set to super slow and then you can attach the direct to the jarring machine, which saves time.

Not sure if there will be compatibilility issues between a Lyson creamer and a Swienty filling machine though, best to check first.

Not that you will be interested, but I will also be reviewing this later on my YouTube channel.

I have the insulated Abelo heated creamer, great bit of kit, takes all the effort out of soft set.
The only issue I have is it's too well insulated... the friction created as the crystals are ground together means the internal temp is above 20C when creaming, even when stuck in an out building at 4C.....but minor issue.... it just takes a bit longer to get to the required excellent consistency.
If it incorporated a peltier cooling system it would be the perfect bit of kit.

Abelo creamer works fine for me, good consistency of end product. Did have a few operator errors to start but nothing wrong with the equipment. Some older? models you weren’t able to remove the drive from the top of the unit meaning nigh on impossible to clean. Worth checking with Damien:

I clean mine by filling to the top with warm water. Turning heating to max and running a 48 hr cycle. I then drain and leave the lid open to dry. Comes out sparkling. Not sure if mine comes apart from the top?

I have the 100ltr heated Abelo creamer and I would say definitely go for a heated option.

The creaming mechanism is solid and distributes the seed very effectively.

I often use the heated creamer for warming up stubborn crystalised honey to jar up as runny honey. What can take a few days in the warming cabinet, takes 12 hours in the heated creamer with the paddle set to super slow and then you can attach the direct to the jarring machine, which saves time.

Not sure if there will be compatibilility issues between a Lyson creamer and a Swienty filling machine though, best to check first.

Not that you will be interested, but I will also be reviewing this later on my YouTube channel.

Thanks, will look out for it later. Did you go for the premium line?

Only the Lyson ones seem to have a timer. Any users of the Carl Fritz or Konigin able to comment?

Thanks, will look out for it later. Did you go for the premium line?

Only the Lyson ones seem to have a timer. Any users of the Carl Fritz or Konigin able to comment?

No. Standard line. The only premium line item I have is the settling tank at has the conical bottom which is great.

I have a 50l heated Abelo, Damien advised me to buy the heated version and I am pleased I listened. I have on occasion not jarred the honey after the cycle completes this is not a problem if you have the heated version. It would be if you did not.
Another great thing about the creamer is I use it for mixing sugar syrup for feeding, no more messing about with small lots of syrup.

Latest posts

Back