Holes in the super foundation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widget

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi
I am new to beekeeping this year. I had a little honey in 5 frames which I extracted. Other beekeepers advised me to put the frames on top of the hive once extracted as the bees would clean out any honey residue. However, I was worried that this would attract wasps so I put a couple of frames at a time on the crown board under the roof. When I took the cleaned frames out I noticed some of them now have holes in. Will the bees fix the holes if I use these frames next year or do I need to replace the foundation? I was looking forward to giving them frames with drawn out wax next year to get them off to a good start.

Hi
I am new to beekeeping this year. I had a little honey in 5 frames which I extracted. Other beekeepers advised me to put the frames on top of the hive once extracted as the bees would clean out any honey residue. However, I was worried that this would attract wasps so I put a couple of frames at a time on the crown board under the roof. When I took the cleaned frames out I noticed some of them now have holes in. Will the bees fix the holes if I use these frames next year or do I need to replace the foundation? I was looking forward to giving them frames with drawn out wax next year to get them off to a good start.

They will sort it out, no problem

Hi

I'm glad you have more sense than those who advised putting frames out for a free for all by every honey consuming insect for miles around.

Latest posts

Back