help!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not heard any buzzing up in the loft or ceiling, they might not even be in the loft n good be hiding behind a brick instead possible?, also regarding honey bees bet bee keepers charge couple of hundred of pounds to remove

If I was in your area, I'd do it for free and I am sure most hobbyists would. you would of course have to get a tradesman in to put the bricks back and repair the damage...

What are you after siuk? A quote that we charge hundreds of pounds? Most of us do it for love so ........ Leave the bees alone..... Goodnight! Sleep tight! :)

not heard any buzzing up in the loft or ceiling, they might not even be in the loft n good be hiding behind a brick instead possible?, also regarding honey bees bet bee keepers charge couple of hundred of pounds to remove

No, most swarm collectors will ask for something towards expenses (fuel and time). A pest controller, on the other hand, is running a business and may indeed charge several hundreds of pounds. You don't need either, unless you really want to get rid of these bees.

If, as you say, they're bumble bees their nest will be small, think bird box size. You probably won't notice them if you're in your loft/attic, because they'll be tucked away in a corner. They're unlikely to sting. They will be busy for a while and will go away in late summer, and you'll probably never see them again.

Enjoy them while you can :)

It's not often that honey bees are removed from cavities ... most beekeepers will collect a 'swarm' but these are usually found hanging on a tree branch, clustered in a bush or on gate post ... or if you search 'swarms' on this forum you will even find one clustered on the front of Top Shop in London. Generally 'Swarm collectors', as they are known, will only charge their travelling costs and any other legitimate expenses ... I can't think of any on here that would get anywhere near the sums you suggest - indeed, many of the beekeepers who collect swarms pass them on to new beekeepers free of charge or for a small donation to their Beekeeping Association (once the swarm has been quarantined for a while and has proved to have a laying queen).

So ... perhaps you have been stung in the past by those tradespeople who prey on people who have an urgent need for some plumbing, drain unblocking, locksmithing etc.? Where, amongst the 'legitimate' tradespeople, there are sometimes found cowboys who charge the earth for their services ... Well, guess what, the beekeepers on here are largely hobbyists and a very generous bunch who spend a lot of their own time advising people like you ... and other beekeepers, new and old.

And, if you get a swarm of honeybees in your garden, someone will probably come and collect them for a lot less than you think is the 'going rate'.

Last edited:

If you have cavity wall insulation they could be nesting in that.

nature thinks of everything!

Good one, Moggett.

All as long as humans have not interfered and b*gg*r*d it up!

ok, so as the name suggests, I'm a bee keeper and pest controller

bee swarms I remove for free, but do get offered £20 fuel money quite often

wasps, I kill £45-£55 depend on location

bumble bees, I relocate for some people £20

yours in your attic, man up and forget about them, there wont be hundreds flying around inside, they aint rabbits that can see in the dark, so unless your leaving a night light on for them???

piece of netting over windows stops any bug getting in
as already advised, they rarely sting, they wont eat your house, they will be gone soon,

Latest posts

Back