Tending to the Natural Side, Somerset

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 22174

New Bee
Reaction score
Pleased to see this forum busy. I started beekeeping 20 yrs ago but had a long break after being hospitalised by a stinging incident. My wife said I was needed alive to help with the family at the time but now my children are all adults she doesn't seem so concerned somehow.

I have some home made Warres which I keep more or less according to the Abbe Warre's instructions. I am learning to make skeps and may try going properly medieval this year or next. I am also thinking of building a Drayton type hive from the remnants of my langstroth bits, but not sure why.

Last edited:
Pleased to see this forum busy. I started beekeeping 20 yrs ago but had a long break after being hospitalised by a stinging incident. My wife said I was needed alive to help with the family at the time but now my children are all adults she doesn't seem so concerned somehow.

I have some home made Warres which I keep more or less according to the Abbe Warre's instructions. I am learning to make skeps and may try going properly medieval this year or next. I am also thinking of building a Drayton type hive from the remnants of my langstroth bits, but not sure why.

Welcome Tim. I like your style. There are an increasing number of beekeepers here who have your relaxed and flexible approach.
It will be interesting to compare experiences.
You're welcome here, but in the very unlikely event of anyone challenging you in an assertive and indignant way ( it sometimes happens) hang on to your sense of humour and keep on plugging. ;)

This place is a shambles. I am deleting my account.
The last straw is that I can see that climate deniers, nutters and conspiracy theorists are tolerated here. You are welcome to it.
Bye

Pity you've gone (I see you have already) This forum is a broad church. We can make our own minds up after all. You're missing a heck of a lot of really useful beekeeping stuff. You should reconsider if you take a sneaky peek in after you've left

The last straw is that I can see that climate deniers, nutters and conspiracy theorists are tolerated here. You are welcome to it.
Bye

That's a silly reaction. The forum reflects society. And just like the rest of society, you're free to ignore the ones you don't like. In fact it's even better than that because you can set options that mean you'll never see any of their posts ever again.

James

Bye
they're usually tucked away in the cupboard under the stars so don't bother anybody, but for some reason this one I assume you are alluding to has slipped the nutter net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back