Hello from Hampshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john t

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello to you all,
i am a returning beekeeper after a 10 year absence, i first started in the 1980 s where i use to live a few miles from the Thornes factory in wragby ,i had about 10 national hives most of the honey was from oil seed rape, also moved them to the heather on the Yorkshire moors for their summer holidays, also raised a few colony's using the jenter queen rearing kit.

i have recently been given a national hive, which has black Welsh bees,(i will wait till the new year /spring until i have a look inside) the colony is weak and varroa drop count seems to be very high, varroa is something i need to learn about, i will post what i have done so far in a separate post.

i hope to be able to contribute where i can but what i have seen so far i am very impressed with the wealth of expertise on this site, although my style of beekeeping is quite simply, watch, learn ,then i do it my way bee-smillie

Yes Welcome .... always lots of help in this forum and some very up to date ideas - only one or two stick in the muds but even they are welcome ...

Hampshire is a good beekeeping county - but it's a big county and lots of variations in climate and local conditions. Some very good Beekeeping associations as well ... You shold look up your local one and join ...

Latest posts

Back