Have I been caught?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greywolf

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi

Haven't posted for while as I am still waiting for the nucleus that was ordered last October for collection this April/May from a place in Gloucester.

Despite making a phone call last month,which was answered by the blokes wife and sending a couple of polite emails I haven't heard from him since last year when he took my deposit money.

It's disappointing as these would have been my first bees plus the fact that my mentor will be moving on next week.

The name of this place suggests that the bees would be easy! Has any one else had problems with them?

No - very good service.

Had good service so far!
Try mikeroberts605(at)msn(dot)com

ive had dealings with this bloke, i had problems getting Queens from him, however it was not his fault as they could not brought in as the plane were not flying due to last years ash cloud. Other than that he has good level service.

ive had dealings with this bloke, i had problems getting Queens from him, however it was not his fault as they could not brought in as the plane were not flying due to last years ash cloud. Other than that he has good level service.

Another good reason to buy non imported!!

I got caught by them as well. I saw on ebay a cheap hive with a phone number. I called it and asked if they were new and with frames, the answer was yes. I did ask again and wrote down what he told me. I arranged to buy ten of them and set off a 4am for a 200 mile drive. when I got there he told me they were not new but second hand and very old. I showed him my notes and repeated what he had told me but he just denied it.
The thing that really annoyed me was the hives he had in the pictures on ebay were there in there warehouse

Not a easybuy by any means and I will not buy anything from them again.

Hi

Haven't posted for while as I am still waiting for the nucleus that was ordered last October for collection this April/May from a place in Gloucester.

Which end of Wales are you greywolf? There are some really good nuc sellers about.

I have just emailed them a link to this thread. Their good name is being discussed in front of many potential customers. Hopefully they will put things right...

Ooops don’t think that was for you to do that viridens.

Why not? Surely the object of the exercise is for this company to sort things out with Greywolf, and not for us to have a secret whinge here and achieve nothing. Surely it is helpful for them understand that they are judged by performance.

What crime have I committed?

I think the reason members have said its not a good move is because he cannot reply because he was banned from the forum last year for advertising.

I have just emailed them a link to this thread. Their good name is being discussed in front of many potential customers. Hopefully they will put things right...

Hmm.I would have preferred it if you hadn't done that as I was going to try an email to the address posted by JohnF just in case his website is out of date.

Just to make it clear I am not slagging off the bloke as there could well be a very good reason why he hasn't been in touch. I just want to know what is happening as I don't want to go another season without bees. At the moment it is just the lack of contact that is worrying.

I have heard of it lol. I can recomend the tonyrefail apiary lots from our association buy from him.

Greywolf, I wouldnt worry, I doubt Mr. Roberts will be able to pick you out from the dozens of dissgruntled customers he has trying to get in touch with him.
Good luck with the expensive rubbish nuc with an imported queen ( probably still in her cage ! ) when/if it arrives.

Back