Has anyone seen/tried this ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopGuard. Not yet available in the UK .. apparently they are waiting for European Approval before it can be introduced into the UK. I tried to buy some via a US Distributor but was turned down for the above reason ..

It sounds interesting but unless you can get someone to buy it in the US and have it shipped to a US address and then get them to send it on to you here you are probably not going to be able to try it for a while yet.

BHAs.... you could try crushing a few aspirin tablets ( Salacylic acid) perhaps mixing with honey as an emulifying agent and smearing that concoction on your colony?

OR many anti wrinkle creams seem to contain both Alpha and Beta acids.

I will stick to thymol... anothe aromatic!

mytten da

HopGuard. Not yet available in the UK

The trouble with Hopguard, I gather, is that the strips dry out pretty quickly so they are active for only a few days. Some beekeepers in USA are reported to have to put new strips in every four days for three weeks so unless the formulation has changed it's going to get expensive and a chore to do.
Having said that knock down is good. Maybe we might need it yet.
I'm impressed with my Oxalic sublimation so far.

How about this, maybe..

Rhubarb leaves contain oxalic acid.

Dry it, burn it in your smoker.

How about this, maybe..

Rhubarb leaves contain oxalic acid.

Dry it, burn it in your smoker.

With the amount of OA in Rhubarb leaves you would need a bonfire full of smoke force fed through the hive ... assuming, of course, that the smoke contained the OA ... probably more chance of dead bees than dead varroa !!

I think Randy Oliver in the US may have run a few tests on his hives..

his scientific beekeepink site is interesting.

especially the sugar dusting tests

Another silver bullet
httlp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bee-Guardian-varroa-mites-remover-/171975162402?hash=item280a84ba22:g:gmwAAOSwPcVVzXo8l

ebay item 171975162402

Last edited:
Another silver bullet
httlp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bee-Guardian-varroa-mites-remover-/171975162402?hash=item280a84ba22:g:gmwAAOSwPcVVzXo8l

ebay item 171975162402

Your search - httlp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bee-Guardian-varroa-mites-remover-/171975162402?hash ... - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure that all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Try fewer keywords.

Nos da

Further research may no doubt reveal that this device only works if placed on a Leyline and the hives are aligned with the rising moon when Mars is eclipsing Jupiter.

Nos da

Further research may no doubt reveal that this device only works if placed on a Leyline and the hives are aligned with the rising moon when Mars is eclipsing Jupiter.

Nos da

Shhh, don't mention the lie lines, Pargyle will be after one to go with his scratching post CDs. :)

Shhh, don't mention the lie lines, Pargyle will be after one to go with his scratching post CDs. :)

BUT Shirley... he has already eliminated varroa from his bees by allowing natural evolutionary control to take over instead of pouring various acids over the poor little girls in the deep mid winter?

I know of some who have accomplished this by simply aligning colonies with Leylines and performing rituals involving some rather strange mushrooms!

:icon_204-2:

Yeghes da

Read on Beesource that a strain of BT toxic to varroa has been isolated by Mexican researchers. It looks very promising

Nos da

Wrong again. It is Venus - how many time do you need to be told!!!

Latest posts

Back