Rotary Wax Melter reviews

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, yes I think this is where I am at (ie go to telford and looksee). I cant find a video/utube anywhere on it, and I'm none the wiser having spoken to Abelo.

Not seen this variation on a theme, but if you go to Telford in March, Abelo will have it on display, will explain more and you can assess better. Display models are often sold at discount at the end of the show.
The date is Saturday 24th February 2024 See The Beekeeping Show

Hi all,
Looking at investing in ROTARY WAX MELTER has anyone got it at all and have any feedback before I get spendy?
Thank you

Your money would be better spent on a apimelter, whether that be Lyson or Swienty.
They are so useful you will wonder how you managed without one.
Both types have their pros & cons, we have three, two Lyson & one Swienty. You will never lose money either as there's always a demand for used machines.
Give me a call for more details.

Wonder whether a cappings screw would do the same job with less mess. More money but less energy used, at a guess.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...YQFnoECC4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0MwMuvmVyotmhjhY3V8mWM
https://www.oldcastlefarmhives.com/product/honey-wax-separating-screw-press/
The cappings screw did cross our minds, as did the api-melter, but felt that this was what the club needed for members to render reasonably large amounts of wax. We also have a couple of wallpaper stripper type devices for members to use at home.

Have a chat with the suppliers at the spring convention, they will be happy to talk you through the options depending on what it is you need.

Thanks all for thoughts on this. I did wonder on an Apimelter but thought it might be more of a footprint than the rotary and thought the mechanics of it spinning steamed wax off frames might be more of a clean result at the end than an apimelter. without running both side by side, I cant really know what the answer is. It is shiney thought...

Your money would be better spent on a apimelter, whether that be Lyson or Swienty.
They are so useful you will wonder how you managed without one.
Both types have their pros & cons, we have three, two Lyson & one Swienty. You will never lose money either as there's always a demand for used machines.
Give me a call for more details.
Out of interest could you pls briefly run through the uses of an apimelter and any pros and cons. Not familiar with one except I’ve heard beekeepers with crystallised rape talking about using one….

Latest posts

Back