Guess Who

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a childish pack mentality exists here, eh?
So now we are down to ridiculing spelling and grammar? Take a good look around this forum, it shouldn't take too long to find similar or worse.
Grow up ppl.

I have no idea whether its dyslexia, poor education or (my insert)a simple lack of ability that is to blame, but the person writing copy for the website seems to be easily misled by his or her spell-checker.

*cough*grammar*cough*

What does grammer mean never herd of it

I would also like to pointout that we do not sell any swarms that we catch over the course of a season the risk of spreadding desise is just to great and we will not be resonsable for this so all swans are plased in quarentine apairy sites that alloed to build up. Through out the season they are inspected by FERA for bee desises then next year they will go into our honey system, not sold to the public.

Even the spelling checker gives up sometimes, probably in despair.

Swans?

Wouldn't happen to me - was learnt proper grammer in my skooldays

I can just see you there scrawling away with you're slate pencil like a scene out of little house on the prairie and you with your bonnet. Awwwwww. Except with everyone spitting and gogoching. not worthy

we have acquired apiary sights in cooler Northern climes...

Look out Finman the bee grim reaper is heading your way aka-
Chilly Willy
:puke:

So on a more serious note...this is all very worrying as it seems from the several personal reports of contact with him this year that he cannot be trusted to treat his livestock to high standards nor his customers.

Can the local bee inspector not be prevailed upon to inspect his bees before letting them be sold? Other reputable suppliers in my area do this. If the inspector is not wholly satisfied can he not prevent him selling until standards are higher? If there was an outbreak of disease 'close by' this year...won't the inspector be checking anyway?

Sam

I notice from the "gentlemans" web site that he is acting as an agent for Modern Beekeeping.The picture on his frontispiece describing "his" hives is one I took and supplied to Modern Beekeeping showing my hive No1 purchased earlier this year from Modern Beekeeping at the National Honey show.I own the picture copyright and HAVE NOT GIVEN MY PERMISSION TO USE THIS IMAGE.
I WISH IT TO BE KNOWN THAT I- JOHN ADAMS -HAVE NO CONNECTION WITH THIS PERSON OR HIS COMPANY ANY WILL NOT IN ANY WAY ENDORSE HIM OR HIS TRADING PRACTICES OR PRODUCTS.
The picture must have been supplied to him by Modern Beekeepin and I am surprised that.given his past history.Modern Beekeeping are prepared to deal with this supplier.

The picture must have been supplied to him by Modern Beekeepin

It's very easy to copy an image from somebody else's website, with or without their permission. Modern Beekeeping may know nothing about it.

It's very easy to copy an image from somebody else's website, with or without their permission. Modern Beekeeping may know nothing about it.

Well it would seem that he hopes to sell THEIR products despite describing them as his own.
MY DISCLAIMER STILL STANDS __I IN NO WAY WISH TO HAVE ANY ASSOCIATION WITH HIM OR HIS "BUSINESS".

You could write to them, explain that the image is yours and ask them to remove it at once as you own the copywrite of the image. No legal rite is needed it is your intellectual property.

presumably he already has this in hand, unless he's self certifying

Do fera do "health certificates" ?
I've never heard of it.

p.s. there's nothing rong wid pismpelling and pismronunciation

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ0nFQgRApY[/ame]

Do fera do "health certificates" ?
I've never heard of it.

good question but ultimately his bees are either clear or not and only the inspectorate can give him the nod.

I notice from the "gentlemans" web site that he is acting as an agent for Modern Beekeeping.The picture on his frontispiece describing "his" hives is one I took and supplied to Modern Beekeeping showing my hive No1 purchased earlier this year from Modern Beekeeping at the National Honey show.I own the picture copyright and HAVE NOT GIVEN MY PERMISSION TO USE THIS IMAGE.
I WISH IT TO BE KNOWN THAT I- JOHN ADAMS -HAVE NO CONNECTION WITH THIS PERSON OR HIS COMPANY ANY WILL NOT IN ANY WAY ENDORSE HIM OR HIS TRADING PRACTICES OR PRODUCTS.
The picture must have been supplied to him by Modern Beekeepin and I am surprised that.given his past history.Modern Beekeeping are prepared to deal with this supplier.

I am a professional Photographer and anyone who uses my work to promote there own work will be billed for the use of my work. As the owner of the copy right, you can bill him for a days wages and or a % of anything he has made from your work. You as the owner of the photo don't have to prove anything he has to prove he hasn't made money from your work.

In cases such as this, I send a bill to the person. I like to charge them a daily rate of £340 a day, for every day they have been using my work, as no agreement has been made for them to use your work or make money from your work, a court will award you full payment.

Don't let him get away with it, send him a bill. If he ignores you, you have a good healthy claim that will stand up in court and make you a few ££££ for your time.

good question but ultimately his bees are either clear or not and only the inspectorate can give him the nod.

An absolute mine field, I'd imagine any sensible inspector would run a mile from singing a health certificate.
Unfortunately, "his bees are either clear or not " though true, is almost impossible to guaranty as EFB exists subclinicaly for most of the time, and AFB can lurk for years as a spore.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back