Got me first sting!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in answer to a question yes antibiotics for the bee sting. as my hand had developed a rash and itched like mad

I am led to believe that the potency of the stings reflect the age of the bee 18 days being optimum (this being the age a bee becomes elilible for guard duty :) )
John

in answer to a question yes antibiotics for the bee sting. as my hand had developed a rash and itched like mad

I had a sting in the back of my hand which I reacted badly to last year. The hand was very red and swollen and moving up my arm (the red and swollen, not the hand :)). I went to my surgery's minor injuries clinic and was given a prescription for antibiotics - which I didn't exchange. The good advice was HC45 cream and antihistamine tablets.

Frisbee

Have any of you noticed the smell ?

I got a sting on the wrist the other day, i have never smelt the pheromone so strongly before, it was akin to the smell from a citronella candle in the garden centre, it was so strong.

They could smell it through the sleeve of my jacket as every time i picked up a frame, they were up my thumb and forefinger en masse.

Gotta love em.

Piriton is what i use. I keep a strip in my bee tool box.

Latest posts

Back