gift boxes

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDWOOD

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Two questions in one, I had a jar of honey last year that my daughter brought back from Cypress which had nuts in it, my first question is do the nuts have to be processed before adding to the honey, what legal stuff do you need to put on the label besides "contains nuts", and secondly where can you buy gift boxes that have a window in it to show a jar of honey.

I could be wrong, it has been known, but I'm sure at a talk at our bee club on jarring honey, we were told if ANYTHING was added to the jar, you could no longer label it as honey, probably different rules outside uk

Two questions in one, I had a jar of honey last year that my daughter brought back from Cypress which had nuts in it, my first question is do the nuts have to be processed before adding to the honey, what legal stuff do you need to put on the label besides "contains nuts", and secondly where can you buy gift boxes that have a window in it to show a jar of honey.

I can't help you on the labelling but you're going to try it make sure the nuts are decently dry - I tried a few years ago with freshly harvested hazel nuts and there's enough moisture in them to start it fermenting. Toasting them lightly first might be the way to go.

Back