Fun is allowed

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No actually, not in this case.
It’s what’s made this forum unique.
I keep my head down regarding a lot of beekeeping issues because I am not sufficiently proficient but I do try to keep this space civil. That’s my function. A platform can be both informative and retain its collective sense of humour.
Hi Dani,
Hardly unique, Why is the forum unique?? There are 100's of beekeeping forums out there (worldwide) Dani. Why do you believe that this forum is any different to the others?

Senior ?? Quite definitely.....A member since 2012. School boy sense of humour? I think not. You are quite capable of giving as good as you you get at times and relish in your answers.

DELIQUENT?? definitely not. Google.....(typically of a young person) tending to commit crime, particularly minor crime. Uhhhh....? Is that the way that you would describe a highly successful businessman with 10+ Company directorship (passed) to your name?

Delinquent ... No ... Juvenile - " of, by, or for a young person who is not yet an adult, childish: " - Yes, occasionally !

I came up through the school of hard knocks so I can joust with the best of them ....but my sense of humour is still at schoolboy level ! Senior ... well in years perhaps.

Hi Dani,
Hardly unique, Why is the forum unique?? There are 100's of beekeeping forums out there (worldwide) Dani. Why do you believe that this forum is any different to the others?
Because it has a sense of humour.
I’m not familiar with the hundreds though
Just Beesource Flow and the BBKA. Mind you, anything is more entertaining than the last, even a knitting forum😉 and I gather we’ve had a stab at that elsewhere.

Hi Dani,
It is different ... there is a vitality to it ... it is diverse and sometimes a bit rough around the edges but in terms of beekeeping knowledge that is up to date and forward thinking - there are no English language beekeeping forums that I've come across that come close. I've been helped immeasurably by the generosity of many current and former members - in so many ways. Yes, you sometimes need a thick skin if you are off track but at least you get people prepared to tell you how it is ... questions are usually answered - there are few ghost threads on this forum and whilst threads do stray off topic there is always something bee related in there and it's surprising how much knowledge outside of beekeeping is available from other members .... I've learnt nearly as much outside of beekeeping as I have beekeeping !

It is unique ...

Because it has a sense of humour.
I’m not familiar with the hundreds though
Just Beesource Flow and the BBKA. Mind you, anything is more entertaining than the last, even a knitting forum😉 and I gather we’ve had a stab at that elsewhere.

I am a member of Beesource and the BBKA and some motoring forums

Dry as dust and about as interesting would be my descriptions of the first two.
Although some of the Queen Rearing articles on Beesource are excellent.

Don't know about other forums but I find this one affords members a huge amount of freedom to express, question and quarrel. The very fact that this thread has developed freely speaks volumes to me. It may not be unique to you but its still a jolly good forum.

Not hard enough i'm afraid Emyr
You see that's entertaining and made me laugh.. We have both knowledge and entertainment on here, I couldnt go on another forum and get this.

Some times threads go off topic and you end up learning something different.. Isn't the variety of life spicy?.

I too find this forum informative and amusing. So much so that SWMBO often castigates me for grinning as I read my iPad. When I try to relate the amusing comment I get that withering look that only wives have perfected!

I too find this forum informative and amusing. So much so that SWMBO often castigates me for grinning as I read my iPad. When I try to relate the amusing comment I get that withering look that only wives have perfected!
:iagree: I wonder how many of us have this happening.

Nature hates a vacuum. When a member asks a difficult question, possibly one with no known answer, the thread hangs there for a while with no responses. Nobody likes to see that so what tends to happen is that somebody will post a response vaguely relevant to the question, sometimes humorous and the thread takes off in a different direction with the original question not answered.

Maybe it's simply a case of the forum's individual members not prepared to post saying "I don't know" - that would lead to a very boring thread.

I recall a thread some years ago on the subject of income tax on beekeeping earnings and my recollection is that it went on for quite some while with individual contributions, but nothing substantive, Then after several pages of largely unqualified comment there came what turned out to be the definitive post on the subject (it became a sticky). So, what I'm saying is if we're patient enough we might eventually get a post that answers the question (I'm still waiting for a definitive answer to question of the mechanism by which Oxalic Acid kills Varroa and one may turn up eventually!).

CVB

It’s an inbuilt female instinct! My daughter has perfected it already using it to castigate her brothers & father.

It’s an inbuilt female instinct! My daughter has perfected it already using it to castigate her brothers & father.
My husband reckons we were all taught to do it at school and when the girls went to have their separate 'girly events' talk, we were really being taught 'THE LOOK'.

Senior ?? Quite definitely.....A member since 2012. School boy sense of humour? I think not. You are quite capable of giving as good as you you get at times and relish in your answers.

DELIQUENT?? definitely not. Google.....(typically of a young person) tending to commit crime, particularly minor crime. Uhhhh....? Is that the way that you would describe a highly successful businessman with 10+ Company directorship (passed) to your name?

Someone seems to have a well developed sense of importance. Almost a legend in his own mind?

Back