Fume clearing of supers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonrp

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
As per the title, what are peoples experience of using 'Bee Quick' for rapid clearing of supers?

As per the title, what are peoples experience of using 'Bee Quick' for rapid clearing of supers?

Have used it for at least 4 years, works a treat but you do need to make sure
1. You don't use too much
2 That you pick a warm day or apply a bit of heat to the metal roof part of clearing board
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Used it for the first time this year. I would agreed that a warm day is best and you need to give it about 15 mins for them to move down.
Andy

15 minutes? You could have shaken all the bees off the combs in a super in less than 2 minutes and not had any "safe?" chemicals permeating your honey.

15 minutes? You could have shaken all the bees off the combs in a super in less than 2 minutes and not had any "safe?" chemicals permeating your honey.

Cant say I needed 15 minutes when I used it and even so it is still quicker than using a clearer board over night. The 'CHEMICALS':reddevil: are all non toxic oils and herbal extracts, apparently.
S

Latest posts

Back