• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Free gear!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy_bull

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Now please don't get over excited, but i have had to clear out one of my sheds to get more space, this was the shed where i kept all my old kit that was in need of repair or was obsolete.

I have several plywood miller feeders that need re-sealing, old bucket feeders, old metal rapid feeders, several national brood boxes / supers that have a hole in one side due to an over excited wood pecker (holes vary but up to the size of a fist) a few wbc zinc queen excluders.

Be under no illusion this stuff will need work to make it useable, but if anyone is feeling the pinch and wants some free gear, this may/may not help you out.

Plus if you have a specific need of anything in particular i will have a hunt in the heap to see what is there.

I can do photo's on request for particualr items,

I will be burning the lot by the weekend if no-one wants it as i have neither the time or inclination to repair the stuff.

C B

Any chance your burning a 9 frame extractor?

I am happy to do a bit of repairing.. I have no bees at present but have two top bar hives, one is on here for a swap for a nuc. I am looking to get a couple of Nationals, so anything that with a bit of care could start me off in the direction would be in welcome.
Allan I could do most evenings other than tonight.

Just seen your location Tawny!

I should have posted this yesterday as the shed i am emptying is at Great Dunmow!! But most of it is now at Huntingdon! You are welcome to come and have a look at what there is, there is still another trailer load or two at Dunmow so can sort you out other bits as/when needed.

C B

That sounds great, I have not worked out how to post a personal message, but if you can let me have some contact details so we can a arrange a time to meet that would be good. I am probablyworking from home Thursday this week so could meet anytime that day or any evening other than tonight. Failing that the weekend...

Allan

If you still have stuff to go after Tawny has had what he needs, we would love to come and take some off your hands! Will send private message with phone number.

Helen

I was in Great Dunmow yesterday - work in Saffron Walden :(

I'm just awaiting my first bees and starting to buy my equipment so if you have any items left that I could repair and make use of, that would be good. I live in Ramsey so could call in one evening or at the weekend. Just let me know.

Ok will keep you posted on what's available after Tawny has been plus another chap who wants a couple of miller feeders, if i get really bored i may even compile a list of whats left at the weekend.

C B

Have you got any bait sausage smoker attachments?
Fits the older Th*rnes/Lee smoker over the nozzel ???
Lost mine some years ago I think, but then as you get older the mind wanders................
Possibly in the shed, must write a note to myself to look for it!

Have you got any bait sausage smoker attachments?
Fits the older Th*rnes/Lee smoker over the nozzel ???
Lost mine some years ago I think, but then as you get older the mind wanders................
Possibly in the shed, must write a note to myself to look for it!

Afraid i have no idea what one of those are!! I have several old rusty smokers though!

Afraid i have no idea what one of those are!! I have several old rusty smokers though!

It is like a frame sort of thing, like the attachment that fits an old fashoned blowlamp to take a soldering iron,
could do with an old spare smoker for the out apiary as I keep forgetting to take one!!

BIts and Bobs

Thanks for the bits and pieces, one feeder re sealed and ready for action, the brood boxes are now repaired and the 3rd one I converted into a Nuc box/transport box. I am still waitiing for Thor to deliver my frames and foundation but once down should be ready for a nuc of bees. If you are coming down this way with some bees perhaps we can meet up.
I am not sure how long delivery normally is but the order was placed on Monday.. Would only need an evening to make the frames, although wouldn't they be happy on what there were on for the time being?
Allan

Well, what a day, got a call this afternoon about a swarm in a tree. Got some help to cut the tree and a with a large clump of bees into a box on a sheet, went back this evening to pick them up which I did on my own, and have installed them at home. I suppose I need to change my status and put a hive type.

Thanks goes to crazy bull for his bits and pieces, means I need to get my finger out sorting the supers..

Allan

Nice work Tawny glad they are already in use, and well done on the swarm.

I think all the bits and bobs are spoken for now, if i unearth some more i will re-post on this thread.

C B

Latest posts

Back