Forum watcher & Bee Keeper maybe

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi Guys & Gals: Well I have been reading your forum for a few weeks and decided I should introduce my self so here goes,"I am 78 years old and don't have any beees as yet!I felt like I needed some training before trying to get some bees.
I live in the USA in a southern state,Tennessee on the south border.My City is Winchester,Tennessee and I am about 4 miles out of town.We are about 890 feet above sea level and in a mountain foot hills area.Some of you might have heard of "The University of the South" at Sewanee Mountain here in Tennessee.
Well I hope you don't mind me viewing your forum!I have learned some thing already which is I don't know anything about Bees.Ha
What does NUC mean as I see that a lot on the post?
Thanks,Bill Smith(Blacksheep)

Howdydoodee there!

a NUC is a small colony of bees with a queen bee laying, usually have 5 or six frames either for selling, making up a new colony... stands for nucleus!

Enjoy the forum and it sometimes skewed humour!

welcome young billy, and enjoy the forum, plenty of wise guys and wise cracks so enjoy

:welcome:

A bit young for starting beekeeping but we find the youngsters learn in a decade or two :sunning:

Blacksheep (Bill) a Nuc is simular to what you on the other side of the pond call apackage it is aqueen plus bees (3lb to a package I believe) only in a nuc youalso have brood in all stages "BIAS" on 5 or 6 frames around £20-£25 per frame.

HTH
Colin

Hi Guys & Gals: Well I have been reading your forum for a few weeks and decided I should introduce my self so here goes,"I am 78 years old and don't have any beees as yet!I felt like I needed some training before trying to get some bees.
)

Welcome Bill ... you won't just have beekeepingese to contend with here - you have English English and the British sense of humour as well. Not to mention the Gibberish some of us write !! :icon_204-2::icon_204-2: You are still very welcome though and there's a few of older years so don't feel you are too young to get involved.

Back