First call out of year!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbie & Jans Bees

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I had a call today from a lady in Plymouth COME QUICK my kicthen its full of bees help, on arrival her kicthen was full of insects hover flys I have never seen so many??? After a cup of tea a hairdryer and hover we manage to clear the room, What a start to my third year of bee keeping.:sunning::sunning:

Assisted No1 son today cut out a large colony of bees from an old farmhouse near to Polbathic today..... builders wont start work on restoration until bees are gone!
Must be an explosion of flies in the Plymouth / Torpoint area of Cornwall as the roof space was filled with the blighters!

6 polly sacks full of old comb... no brood/eggs/larvae or queen to be seen! and not that many bees either... look like Amms

Fortunately No1 and me is both qualified HSE divers and used to tight claustrophobic spaces!
Pic attached......

View attachment 8083

sorry about quality

Assisted No1 son today cut out a large colony of bees from an old farmhouse near to Polbathic today.....

What is all the black gooey stuff at the top right of the picture?

A large amount of flies in a roof space are usually cluster flies

Hi,
Not a very tidy nest is it?

I also had my first call of the year. Owner knew bees were in her eaves for over a year but didn't really mind.. now she is selling she cares a lot! Too cold here yet to start messing with them, although it could turn into a fiasco depending on the size of the combs!

Latest posts

Back