Finman

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:welcome: back!

That's a good yield per hive. not worthy

Welcome back Finman, most of us missed you. In a funny sort of way!

Welcome back.

I hope the other person banned gets a welcome back too. Welcome back from me, even though I don't know who you are.

And this 'new girl' is glad to see you back too Finman. :)

Welcome back! Happy to hear you have had a good year. :hurray:

Welcome back Finman. :)
200lb average per hive sounds very impressive! Over how many hives was that?

We overwintered one hive last winter, and today after splits have three good sized queenright colonies going into this winter. Took a total of 50lb of honey, 35lb from one, 15lb from another. Partially filled supers went back under the brood box for them to take up for winter.

I'm pretty happy to have tripped my hive numbers and taken a few jars of honey. Next year I'm going to be more interested in honey than more colonies - unless I can find another apiary. 200lb from one hive, let alone 400lb, seems like a dream to me currently!

I hope the other person banned gets a welcome back too. Welcome back from me, even though I don't know who you are.

I just checked - still banned!? What's all that about then? unless he was sin binned a little later

When i told mrs maddydog that people were getting banned from the beekeeping forum she nearly wet herself laughing!
In my youth i belonged to a poker forum that was home to some huge egos - it‘s like home from home ;-)
Got to love the debating though so welcome back the sin binned!

Good to see you back Finman

...and best hives 400 lbs/hive.

That's nothing, I've had to pour/make reinforced concrete under my hives, probably measure the final yield in tons!

Welcome back.

I was one of them and yes I have .... Following some pretty abusive posts from another member towards me and another it got into a rather nasty brawl with some rather threatening PM's which I could have done without ... result we all got banned for a week.

For what it's worth I probably should just have stuck to reporting the matter to the mods (which I did) but there are times when you can't let things go unanswered.

The matters closed and hopefully the person who started the ball rolling will return from holiday in a mellow and less confrontational mood ..

However, there are three things that I believe should result in a lifetime ban.

1. Direct personal insults with malice behind them.

2. Threatening behaviour (whether via PM or on the forum).

3. Persistent use of the sort of language that the BBC require to be used only after the watershed.

I have to say that I was not guilty of any of the above but I have no complaints about the action the mods took .. reacting publicly was my offence and the forum can do without public brawling between members.

:sorry:

I came only here to say that I got this summer average yield 200 lbs / hive.
Best hives brought nearly 400 lbs.

I'm curious to know just how big these hives are if they can produce 200lb in 6 weeks.

I think it's time to put this nonsense to bed?
I've kept bees a good number of years and floated around beekeeping fora for a fair number of years but this saga takes the biscuit!
Back on and still point scoring ?
Leave it out , the forum is taking on the appearance of a tap room just before closing time !
I wish you would all lick your wounds, swallow your collective prides and play nicely!
Beekeeping should keep you focused on real problems!
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I've kept bees a good number of years and floated around beekeeping fora for a fair number of years but this saga takes the biscuit!
Leave it out , the forum is taking on the appearance of a tap room just before closing time !
I wish you would all lick your wounds, swallow your collective prides and play nicely!
VM

Well Victor said a bar room argument without the beer

VM

I find the bile expressed in this post offensive and am quite tempted to report it ;)

So now whats been said thats out of order?

Latest posts

Back