Finman

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandysman

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3+
I know I'm sometimes a bit slow on the uptake but what's happened to the Finman?
Andy

banned for a short time along with another member (i think)

a long story there is a very long thread with a lot of bickering somewhere

He's spending a week in the gym doing a workout with the weights.

Be afraid! Be very afraid!
He will be back fully refreshed with brand new bum biting teeth fitted!
Enjoy your moment whilst you can! :D :D :D
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Still got the "ignore" button to lean on thankfully.

Sounds like he has been 'sin binned' - Hope he returns as a number of 'experienced' advisors appear to have quietened of to be slipping away ... the lack of debate is a loss, perhaps not to the protagonists but we who are learning ...

I was always told if you don't ask you will never know, it doesn't matter if everyone else knows what does matter is that you know and understand.
Most on here are willing to share their time and knowledge who have probably forgotten more than we know and a little respect and a thank you would not go a miss on times

I was always told if you don't ask you will never know, it doesn't matter if everyone else knows what does matter is that you know and understand.
Most on here are willing to share their time and knowledge who have probably forgotten more than we know and a little respect and a thank you would not go a miss on times

:iagree:

I came only here to say that I got this summer average yield 200 lbs / hive.
Best hives brought nearly 400 lbs.

6 nucs, which I profounded at the end of May, brought 120-160 lbs/hive.
None of these hives were in my cottage yard. Essential part in honey production is to find good pastures.

What I am worried about beekeeping styles in this forum that for too many honey production is a joke.

I have never asked anything about beekeeping during these 5 years on forum what I have been here. I know what to do. That is the difference. I have wanted to help.

It is not easy job to find valuable knowledge from internet . Quite few country has beekeeping research. Like UK and Finland, a round zero.
I have got valuable knowledge from USA, Australia, Canada, Egypt, Italy, Etiopia...

BUt if you deny all new or updated knowledge because you have such weather, then you have nothing but granpa's teachings behind 50 y. Honeybee is an universal animal. In Australia yield season is 11 months and in Finland 1,5 months. But what then....but the nursing is quite same: good queens, much brood, much foragers, good pastures...more and more work in each stage

Another difference in styles is:

" I have many hives to which I have done nothing for years and hives are alive"

Thre is a difference beteween hive is alive and hive makes 200 lbs honey.
To me beekeeping is hard work, and I want to get 150-200 lbs honey / hive....every year...

Nothing comes for free. Working in the 30C heat under sun is not funny, - for hours. It is not easy job to get 150 lbs honey or 200 lbs honey and then put them in packages and deliver to customers. No jokes in it.

Actually you take care of bees the year around. Then it is time to harvest and get results. You must act then...

Remember average yield 200 lbs per hive....and best hives 400 lbs/hive.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back