Festival of Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spotted the advert for this today
It looks like Patrick Murfet has bought Beetradex and is incorporating this into a Festival of Bees roadshow ... I will probably go the the Bristol and West Showground one - not far from my daughter in Frome so I can offload 'er indoors on the way. Subject of course (as always at present !) what happens with Covid ....

It looks like Patrick Murfet has bought Beetradex and is incorporating this into a Festival of Bees roadshow ... I will probably go the the Bristol and West Showground one - not far from my daughter in Frome so I can offload 'er indoors on the way. Subject of course (as always at present !) what happens with Covid ....

Yes that’s what’s happened. Patrick seems to be on the advance doesn’t he ?

perhaps the beekeeping forum should arrange a get together

Bath & West my local one too

Put it in the diary .. a bit nearer the time we will arrange a trip ... there's quite a few on here in the vicinity or within a reasonable distance ...

considering that all the major shows planned for that month have already been cancelled I think he's been overly optimistic, I think it would be a very unwise move to go there anyway
I think while one could construe he’s being overly optimistic, we can’t stay all locked down forever and if the majority of adults over 50 have been vaccinated by May then the country has to unlock and start getting back to normal
My own observations on the high street are that people are itching to get back to normal. Last week it was like a bus drop off from a Saga holiday trip in my work town. It transpired most had had two jabs and they were all in their 80s...
Yes I know a vaccine doesn’t stop transmission or prevent you 100% from catching it but it does seem the symptoms are much reduced and hospitalisation too so that has to be a reason to be optimistic doesn’t it ?

I think while one could construe he’s being overly optimistic, we can’t stay all locked down forever and if the majority of adults over 50 have been vaccinated by May then the country has to unlock and start getting back to normal
My own observations on the high street are that people are itching to get back to normal. Last week it was like a bus drop off from a Saga holiday trip in my work town. It transpired most had had two jabs and they were all in their 80s...
Yes I know a vaccine doesn’t stop transmission or prevent you 100% from catching it but it does seem the symptoms are much reduced and hospitalisation too so that has to be a reason to be optimistic doesn’t it ?
But going straight back to 'normal' traipsing the width and breadth of the country especially with more and more variant strains turning up would be as foolish as when it happened last summer.

But going straight back to 'normal' traipsing the width and breadth of the country especially with more and more variant strains turning up would be as foolish as when it happened last summer.
And then there is the wait for catch up vaccines to cope with variants not susceptible to the current ones. 😢

I am getting old . When you are 25 years old, losing a year to lockdown is nothing . Statistically you have roughly 56 or so years before you snuff it.

When you are 75, losing a year to lockdown is statistically significant if you snuff it at the average 81 years.

People are unlikely to tolerate lockdown much longer.

PS: I have decided to live to 110 and keep all my faculties. :devilish:

There is still a long way to go even with vaccination and I doubt there will be 'normal' as we know it, maybe for some years to come.
This year if any kind of normality is resumed, it will be phased and have rules in place.

When you are 75, losing a year to lockdown is statistically significant if you snuff it at the average 81 years.
People are unlikely to tolerate lockdown much longer.
My uncle Glan decided not to tolerate lockdown any more seeing his age, he decided life was too short, so He and my dad's cousin went for a spin to buy a Christmas tree together. Glan was right
Dai Josh was buried a fortnight ago today, Glan was cremated two days later

There is still a long way to go even with vaccination and I doubt there will be 'normal' as we know it, maybe for some years to come.
This year if any kind of normality is resumed, it will be phased and have rules in place.
So depressing!

Latest posts

Back