Cowbridge food festival

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nannysbees

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Met two bee farmers at the Cowbridge festival this morning. Poles apart. The first couldn't be bothered to look up from his phone especially when he knew we were beekeepers, letting me know beekeepers look after bees, where his bees look after him ,I assume that's monetary. The other, chatty pleasant, engaging interested in our little set up. Bought lovely comb honey from them.

Takes all sorts
There's some very selfish people keeping bees just after the money and not giving a monkey's about the environment,then there's some absolutely lovely folk.
And a whole spectrum in between.

Cowbridge isn't the worst place on earth to be on a sunny morning either😀

Last edited:
Takes all sorts
There's some very selfish people keeping bees just after the money and not giving a monkey's about the environment,then there's some absolutely lovely folk.
And a whole spectrum in between.

Cowbridge isn't the worst place on earth to be on a sunny morning either😀
Very very quiet just as I like it

Met two bee farmers at the Cowbridge festival this morning. Poles apart. The first couldn't be bothered to look up from his phone especially when he knew we were beekeepers, letting me know beekeepers look after bees, where his bees look after him ,I assume that's monetary. The other, chatty pleasant, engaging interested in our little set up. Bought lovely comb honey from them.
Bit like people in general.

I once had a summer job delivering animal feed and had to take a load of poultry meal to a farm on the coast just outside Cowbridge.I was sure I'd done that drop before but as I got down the narrow lane saw that it was a different name.(it was the right one in the end but they had just started to do the name changing thing to confuse the Animal liberation hooligans)
I carried on down the lane to try and turn and found myself on the beach.
Holidaymakers sunbathing and an idiot in an 8wheel 32ton lorry don't mix and they had to move as I turned on the sand.:eek:

I once had a summer job delivering animal feed and had to take a load of poultry meal to a farm on the coast just outside Cowbridge.I was sure I'd done that drop before but as I got down the narrow lane saw that it was a different name.(it was the right one in the end but they had just started to do the name changing thing to confuse the Animal liberation hooligans)
I carried on down the lane to try and turn and found myself on the beach.
Holidaymakers sunbathing and an idiot in an 8wheel 32ton lorry don't mix and they had to move as I turned on the sand.:eek:
I feel your pain, when I was collecting milk from farms one night in my 32 ton tanker I overshot an entrance on a very narrow county lane. Either side of the lane were deep ditches, and with no moonlight, uphill and backwards it was not the most fun I've ever had even though the backup lights on the tanker were quite good as most farms we visited were unlit.

A couple of years later I had to collect something from one of the association members out there and the way down to his farm looked very familiar. If only I had known, I could have gone down a bit further and turned round in his yard. :oops:

Latest posts

Back