Conwy Honey Fair 2023

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to it. Always a good couple of days away, some decent pub grub and pint or two; a time to catch up with friends.
Last year it was like a Bee Inspectors’ convention. Likely they will all be busy chasing hornets this time round.

Very successful Honey Fair, possibly our best yet, 75 stalls, including 27 honey stalls. Our collection in aid of Bees for Development raised a record £1300. (My 32nd year as organizer).

Attachments

• hf 16Sep 23 4.jpg
    hf 16Sep 23 4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • 2023 09 12 chf old pic.jpg
    2023 09 12 chf old pic.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 1
  • hf 16Sep 23 11.jpg
    hf 16Sep 23 11.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Good day full of sunshine.
Had a good catch up and met lots of interesting people.
Couple of SBIs there having a holiday from Hornets.
One lady was there selling honey with no labels, unchallenged

• Wow
Reactions: Kaz
Good day full of sunshine.
Had a good catch up and met lots of interesting people.
Couple of SBIs there having a holiday from Hornets.
One lady was there selling honey with no labels, unchallenged
Why such a shock I was selling cut comb yesterday un labelled , I’ve seen a butcher shop selling unlabelled jars of honey candles without anything oh and polish with out any ingredients information on the tin

Why such a shock I was selling cut comb yesterday un labelled , I’ve seen a butcher shop selling unlabelled jars of honey candles without anything oh and polish with out any ingredients information on the tin
Who said I was shocked?
I mentioned it because it is illegal. Would you buy a jar with unidentified ingredients with no details of the producer and eat it?
Selling honey at the gate is a different thing and if you're selling cut comb from the back door there is nothing wrong with that but this was a public event.

Who said I was shocked?
I mentioned it because it is illegal. Would you buy a jar with unidentified ingredients with no details of the producer and eat it?
Selling honey at the gate is a different thing and if you're selling cut comb from the back door there is nothing wrong with that but this was a public event.
True I wouldn’t do it at a public event 🤔…….

Latest posts

Back