Favourite Garden Flower for your Bees?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosebay Willowherb, Epilobium Angustifolium and Himalayan Balsam, Impatiens Glandulifera
Both are invasive species which need to be controlled or they will spread widely, but they are are very good bee fodder and much prettier than nettles or brambles if you have a wild area. I like Rosebay Willoherb and have a large border of it, a beautiful sight at the moment.

Rosebay Willowherb, Epilobium Angustifolium and Himalayan Balsam, Impatiens Glandulifera
Both are invasive species which need to be controlled or they will spread widely, but they are are very good bee fodder and much prettier than nettles or brambles if you have a wild area. I like Rosebay Willoherb and have a large border of it, a beautiful sight at the moment.

Cotoneaster.

Steve

Phacelia - bees go mad for it.

But do yours take the nectar? Ours on the trial plant this season did not...nipping the pollen off instead whilst the bumbles took nectar. We have a kilo of seed but tbh will be planting borage instead as the trial square here is busy even at quite low temperatures.

I have found that the bees go mad for red bistort or persicaria which flowers from july until october and makes massive plants with twisted roots - mine are currently about 6ft wide by 3ft 6 high and covered in bees from dawn to dusk.

Latest posts

Back