Extractors - Conical base V flat

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
For those with experience of different extractors is it worth the extra expense of buying an extractor with a conical base, ie tap at the lowest point rather than having the fairly standard tap at the side and slightly above the base? Thanks all.

For those with experience of different extractors is it worth the extra expense of buying an extractor with a conical base, ie tap at the lowest point rather than having the fairly standard tap at the side and slightly above the base? Thanks all.
Which one are you talking about ?
Even with my 12 frame radial the base is conical but you still need to tip it to one side to get the last dregs out

I’m looking for a second extractor one that is heated .

Which one are you talking about ?
Even with my 12 frame radial the base is conical but you still need to tip it to one side to get the last dregs out

I’m looking for a second extractor one that is heated .
Not a specific one at the mo but will be looking for a 20 frame radial. Laurence @ BMH has a Youtube video of his (I think 40 frame) new premium Abelo/Lyson which I think is heated.

A conical base does get more out quicker, but the other,and perhaps more important reason, is that it reduces the flex in the axis, thus making a stronger affair....

Back