extractor,

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASHLEY

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
hello could i have advice on what someone should expect to pay,

i have been told the following,

stainless steel thornes honey extractor

standard electric motor

very very clean and looked after - no dents etc,

a rough value figure would be great,

many thanks

not sure on age, and it takes 9 frames (i think)

many thanks

Extractors don't really wear out. A second hand one should work as well as a new one. Look on the websites for an equivalent model and expect some savings for fair wear and tear (most bits are replaceable).

Older Th*rne models may have been Lega sourced (mine was). My electric motor drive was uni directional - which was not at all important really, unless extracting tangentially (there may be be tangential screens included, btw) and did not have a safety switch on the lid.

Some have cheaper polypropylene cages, some welded stainless. Welded stainless may be better but, on the other hand, the polypropylene cages are more easily converted for longer frames (change the three spacer rods).

Here is a guess. 60 to 75% of the new price might be the range, but I really have no idea. Supply and demand might be another factor. Epay prices might come up with a 'steal' or make 'silly' money (go and search there, or other auction sites?). One thing is fairly certain: looked after, it will not lose a great deal in value, as a second hand purchase.

RAB

hello could i have advice on what someone should expect to pay,

i have been told the following,

stainless steel Th**nes honey extractor

standard electric motor

very very clean and looked after - no dents etc,

a rough value figure would be great,

many thanks

NBS Okehampton do some and appear reasonable but you don't say what capacity you are looking for.

Latest posts

Back