Equipment sales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone seen a good deal on jars coming up at any of the shows (I'm keeping an eye on Freeman Harding)? I was buying 12oz round jars for 30p including lid last year, now I'm struggling to find them for anything less than about 50p

Has anyone seen a good deal on jars coming up at any of the shows (I'm keeping an eye on Freeman Harding)? I was buying 12oz round jars for 30p including lid last year, now I'm struggling to find them for anything less than about 50p
That's about the going rate for 12oz Hex jars at present .. F&H usually put something together for the shows (and I like their jars) but for 528 jars at present - even with the BBKA discount they work out at 51p each .... I doubt we will see anywhere near 30p again in the foreseeable futrure - if ever !

That's about the going rate for 12oz Hex jars at present .. F&H usually put something together for the shows (and I like their jars) but for 528 jars at present - even with the BBKA discount they work out at 51p each .... I doubt we will see anywhere near 30p again in the foreseeable futrure - if ever !
I was told by a large buyer of jars a couple of months ago they had been warned of possible further price rises. Let’s hope the drop in gas may curtail that.

I was told by a large buyer of jars a couple of months ago they had been warned of possible further price rises. Let’s hope the drop in gas may curtail that.
Same here Ian, I believe it was the main talking point at a local BFA meeting.

Maisemore are having a sale from 7th - 21st January

Ref my earlier qn on jar prices, I see today that Bee Equipment have square 12 oz jars in their sale at half price. A pack of 24 is £7.85 which is just under 33p a jar. Never used square jars and no idea what the cost of shipping would be, but that's a good price.

Ref my earlier qn on jar prices, I see today that Bee Equipment have square 12 oz jars in their sale at half price. A pack of 24 is £7.85 which is just under 33p a jar. Never used square jars and no idea what the cost of shipping would be, but that's a good price.
Just checked shipping for three packs is just a shade under £19

Just checked shipping for three packs is just a shade under £19
and the problem is that when you have rebranded you honey in lovely square jars the price goes back to normal next order!
I wouldn't deal with BE after my last debacle with Patrick!

and the problem is that when you have rebranded you honey in lovely square jars the price goes back to normal next order!
I wouldn't deal with BE after my last debacle with Patrick!
Yes I’ve messed around with jars and tried all sorts.
I’ve settled on Pandora from C Wynne Jones.

Last time I bought poly equipment was 3-4 years ago. Shocking how much prices went up since.

Latest posts

Back