EFB in North Leeds

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilberdyke John

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Just had an email from my association warning that EFB has been found in the North Leeds area. (the Leeds in Yorkshire)
:(

EFB is not a bad thing. When you change the disease resistant queen, disease will vanish.

You may read, what Australian governement says about EFB and then read what MAAREC in USA says.

Do as you wish out there.

The thing is due to legal requirements we can not do as we please.
if EFB or AFB is found it has to be reported.
the colony has to be transferred to clean combs/frames and the old ones burned before anything else is done

According to BeeBase its in Pool, which I presume is Wharfedale area
It 's a village about five miles north of me. Full name, Pool in Wharfedale. My bee buddy lives there, but we've no colonies there.
I knew there was at least one beekeeper in the area. My buddy had some unused kit in his car port, and came home one evening last summer to find a swarm had moved in.

Just had an email from my association warning that EFB has been found in the North Leeds area. (the Leeds in Yorkshire)
:(
I live 1 mile away and haven't received anything, can you send details, PM me and I'll send my email.

Thanks

Simon

I live 1 mile away and haven't received anything, can you send details, PM me and I'll send my email.

Thanks

Simon

Copy of message follows (personal information removed)

Leeds Beekeepers Association

My LBKA Account

Powered by - -

-

Dear Members,

You'll know that our local Bee Diseases Inspector has been doing follow up inspections, after last year's outbreak of EFB in the area.

This is to let you know that the disease has been found again last week in the North Leeds area.- Please be extra vigilant and call Dhonn Atkinson at ________@__________
Mobile No: __________ if you have any concerns at all.

Best regards,

Katey Slater

This email has been sent to you by WebCollect on behalf of Leeds Beekeepers Association. WebCollect is a software product for clubs, societies and small businesses.

Do as you wish out there.

For a man with your claimed education it seems YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND there is a legal requirement to report incidences in the UK and follow the bee inspectors instructions to control the outbreak.
Your opinions, based on non UK practices are thus irrelevant.

Copy of message follows (personal information removed)

Leeds Beekeepers Association

My LBKA Account