Drone sperm via IPAFFS

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B+.

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Quite a few
Has anyone investigated how to report the importation of drone sperm through IPAFFS? If so, can you please tell me what code you used. I have looked at it this morning and there doesn't appear to be a code for drone sperm.
I've left a message at the NBU for someone to call me back. I'm assuming that both the EU/UK don't consider it a bio-security issue as it wasn't in TRACES either.

Sorry I can't ask the
Has anyone investigated how to report the importation of drone sperm through IPAFFS? If so, can you please tell me what code you used. I have looked at it this morning and there doesn't appear to be a code for drone sperm.
I've left a message at the NBU for someone to call me back. I'm assuming that both the EU/UK don't consider it a bio-security issue as it wasn't in TRACES either.
Sorry I can't ask the question but you post has made me curious?
How long does drone sperm stay viable for? My only experience of AI is with cattle which involves liquid nitrogen yanks etc?

Sorry I can't ask the
How long does drone sperm stay viable for? My only experience of AI is with cattle which involves liquid nitrogen yanks etc?
They sound interesting Americans!

Sorry I can't ask the
2 weeks at room temperature but viability does decline the longer you leave it.
It's always best to pay for overnight delivery which may seem like an unnecessary expense - but I think it's worth it

2 weeks at room temperature but viability does decline the longer you leave it.
It's always best to pay for overnight delivery which may seem like an unnecessary expense - but I think it's worth it
That's very interesting thank you.

Back